IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

15 hours ago, MarkS said:

I’m thinking really hard about the Musec Ref 10 clock and look forward to hearing from anyone with one connected to the ER. 

I have a "second batch" pre-order with AudioStore in the UK.  If all goes to plan I should receive it just before the "festive holidays", when I should have the time to try it with / without the Mutec REF10.  To be honest, I seriously doubt that adding the REF10 to the EtherRegen will offer much (if anything) over the "standalone" EtherRegen.  That said, I already have the REF10, I have some suitable clock cables spare, so why not give it a go!

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, thyname said:

‘She does not have to know. And she cannot possibly notice 😉

What if she heard the difference from the kitchen?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 9:53 PM, MarkS said:

I’m thinking really hard about the Musec Ref 10 clock and look forward to hearing from anyone with one connected to the ER. 

I have just tried this, and find myself pleasantly surprised by the result, see link:

Has anyone else tried similar?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 1:28 AM, JohnSwenson said:

Just look at the rated distance compared to what you will be using. The ones you are using are rated at 40KM, the SX ones are rated at 500M. Those 40KM ones need a very powerful laser to reach that distance, with a short cable (like what you would have in a house) it is severe overkill and can fry the receiver. The 500M ones have a much lower power laser which works fine with the short cables we use for audio.

There MAY be things that make the 40KM ones better (maybe better receivers etc, I have no clue what is inside) that might make it worth it, but I would start with the SX ones get familiar with them and then later try playing with the ones that seem a little out there for this purpose.

John S.

So just to clarify this point, if you use a SX spec copper ethernet to fibre media converter, with a SX SFP module and say 1m of fibre cable, everything should be "within spec" with respect to laser power and the EtherRegen's requirements etc.?  Have I got this right?

• Superdad pinned this topic
  • 10 months later...
10 hours ago, Clockmeister said:

Our customer base has many full stack Dcs customers and every one has some Mutec products in benefitting their system usually the ref 10 slaving the Dcs Vivaldi clock or those who are really looking for top draw performance use two mc3+usb's one to clock each aes stream and slaved to an SE-120

What services do you provide for your customers?  Just curious!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 2:54 PM, Confused said:

There is part of me that is very skeptical about this kind of stuff, however, they are not particularly expensive and I am intrigued enough to have ordered myself a pair. 

I'll report back once they have been delivered and I have given them a try.

With a nod to @One and a half who I think was first to mention DX Engineering?

Quoting my own post here, but the DX Engineering ISO-Plus filters arrived today.  Remarkably quick delivery, pretty much within 24 hours or my order.

I'll try them at the weekend.

One question, there are two in the pack, are you guys using two in series or is just one sufficient?

9 minutes ago, Rsbrsvp said:

Two DX's need to be used.  One by the router and one right before the ER or OM if you use one.

Give it one to two days to burn in.

I found that my one foot BJC RJ45 was better than the short RJ45 that came with the DX.  But even with te RJ45 that came with the DX, it is a nice upgrade,

OK, thanks, that all makes sense.  I should be able to get them installed tonight, but it will be the weekend when I should have some quiet time (noisy time) to have a critical listen.  So if they do need burn in, they should be nicely cooked before I sit down for a careful listen.

One will be immediately upstream of my EtherRegen, the other just after the router I guess.