IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

I’ve got a 35 foot cat8 run from my Cisco switch to my EtherREGEN that I’d like to replace with a StarTech optical modules, optical cables, and the appropriate attenuators.  I would greatly appreciate it if you would please provide the parts numbers I need to replicate your build.

Thanks

Wayne

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

11 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

Look at post 298 in this thread.

Thanks!

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

• Superdad pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, nonesup said:

Well I have had time to compare the new Corning Clear Curve with the generic yellow.  Undoubtedly the sound is different.  The sound with Corning is more transparent, the details are heard more clearly and the spatial presentation is better.  Now this is my system, I think because of the cost it is easy to test.  This is comparing both cables in 5 meters.  I have gone to place the Corning of 10 meters to test and I have been surprised that by mistake they have sent LC-SC instead of LC-LC.  I just sent you an email.

Please post part number and link for ordering.  Thanks

7 hours ago, nonesup said:

Excellent!  Thank you! 🙏  Exactly what I needed!

• 8 months later...
14 minutes ago, agladstone said:

No clock (yet anyhow! Lol) 

Cable Modem -> Netgear Nighthawk Router & Switch -> eR -> Aurender 

Is your Nighthawk running the latest firmware update?

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Egill23 said:

I finally got my Paul Hynes sr4t, one of the last ones to be sent out before the closure. I first tried it on the Sonore OM I have that was using a generic 5V switching psu, since I wanted to try if a linear power supply might be worth to have there. Maybe there was some difference but not that much. I didn't feel I had time to give it a proper testing since I was eager to test the SR4T+ ghent DC-7N16C Neotech cable in the Etherregen, so I put the Upton switching psu that I had been using in the ER in the OM and the SR4t in the ER. That made an immidiate and big difference, much more bass that is more defined, with a more dynamic sound and a general sense of calmness at the same time. Voice texture seems better too. Well worth the money even though it doubles the price of the whole thing.

I run Synology NAS --  Asus 87 router -- Sonore OM and fiber 15 m -- Etherregen with PH sr4t -- Allo digione signature with Sbooster psu -- Denfrips Hermes -- Denafrips Terminator (late 2020 version) -- Cary SLP 05 preamp -- Mcintosh 452 poweramp -- PBN Montana XP speakers

I must have missed the memo.  What do you mean by “… one of the last ones sent out before the closure”?