IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

On 1/23/2020 at 5:52 PM, MarkS said:

One other question that will annoy and/or frustrate many:  has anyone found a difference in SQ between different brands of the SFP's that slide into the OpticalModule and/or the EtherRegen?

I am using orange colored fiber that was supplied by Small Green Computer when I bought two of the OpticalModules.  I think I paid $20 for it.

Hi,

I don't have an etherRegen yet. I compared power supplies with the opticalModule and my TP-Link FMCs. Wish that I could afford dos LPS-1 for both FMCs. I am using a JameCo power supply(s) for both opticalModule and my remaining TP-Link which will get swapped for my current OM once I get an opticalRendu. (Then, - I'll move the LPS-1 to the opticalModule when I get the OR).  I found no difference with 3 different 35ft Fiber cables. Also, - I did notice a slight improvement with an opticalModule over the TP-Link. This improvement IMO, to my system, was not really worth the extra $200 for the OM. But i have wasted $200 on some way dumber purchases....