IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

I have a spare IFI iPower 9v sitting in a drawer. 

• Any chance it could harm my ER?
  • Do you think it could improve SQ vs the supplied Uptone unit?

I'm loving my standard power ER but interested to read these reports.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, crion said:

I actually have an Ifi IpowerX 12V on the Uptone Etherregen now and it was an improvement actually from the HDPLEX 200W I used previously IMHO and much cheaper. I'm awaiting the new HDPLEX 300W and will do a comparison then.

The chinese 4G 10MHz clock is here and I think that this actually seem in some way benefit my whole setup. I can't really explain it but it is like something is bringing coherence with perfect timing to both video and audio... I will put it on my new HDPLEX 300W when I receive it as well. Right now a 200W HDPLEX is running most of the network stuff.

I'm also awaiting a Shunyata CGC Sigma grounding cable for the ER and will then put the older Shunyata CGS10 cable on the chinese clock. Also the Shunyata Alpha clock v2 75Ohm is coming sometime. Right now using a frankenstein 75Ohm Neutrik RCA coax into BNC adapters. I'm guessing the comparison to Shunyata Alpha v2 clock 75Ohm wont' be fair. ;-)

Doesn't that make the ER run even hotter than the standard 7v PS?  It already gets quite hot....

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Minor tweak to my setup this evening....previously, my connection was straight from the nearest ethernet wall outlet via 1.5m Supra CAT8 to the ER A side.

As I have a spare Netgear ProSafe GS105, I ran the Supra to the Netgear switch instead of the ER, and then connected it with generic CAT6 to the ER.  The ProSafe has an iPower 12V PS.

I swear it's better. More relaxed, stronger bottom end.  Definitely keeping the ProSafe in the chain.

2 hours ago, acousticsguru said:

It may be that a generic CAT6 is unshielded, as indeed a Ethernet cable should be for audio, that makes the difference. Of course that'll work best in a (relatively) EMI/RFI-free environment, which in your listening room, you may have.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Yup, I was thinking it might be something to do with that.