IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a typical grounded rj45 female receptable. Like the one on ER. Only the small clips on the sides make contact with the ground. 

It is very easy to cover the sides of a connector of a shielded cable with a small piece of tape to prevent the contact. Problem solved. 

No need to buy new cables. Can be easily reversed. Use tape on one or both ends. Listen before and after. 

23D270EA-D73A-430F-ABF2-C52A6827B7CF.jpeg

Say NO to ROON

7 minutes ago, Oggo said:

@Superdad:

Hi Alex,

As I remember, you and John recommended good short cables for connecting a separate clock-device to the Etherregen. We all know, you don't recommend certain cable brands, but let me ask you some spec-facts. What types would you choose?

- max. length: 30 cm / 50 cm / 100 cm / > 100 cm / DSM (= "does not matter")

- connectors: RCA-cable (interconnect) with BNC-adaptor / "coax-digital cable" with soldered BNC-connectors / DSM

- connector-fitting: soldered / soldered with "silver-solder" / screwed / DSM

- conductors: silver / silver-plated copper / OCC / OFC / DSM

- conductor layout: solidcore / braided / DSM

- cable-shielding: "standard" coaxial shielded / antenna-cable type shielded / JSSG360 / unshielded / DSM

- any more specs? / DSM

You are missing “crimped” which is recommended by all major coaxial cable manufacturers. 

Say NO to ROON

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, DandyDen said:

Anyone have a problem with the EtheRegen losing connection on the B side at least a couple times a day?

I am using the AfterDark Giesmann Clock and Hi-output LPS and never lost connection prior to adding the Clock?

Thanks for any advise

It has happened to me but the problem was always the clock cable. 

Say NO to ROON

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bough this male-to male adapter as a replacement for a clock cable. Imagined it would be the best possible way to connect the clock and low pass filter to the ER. 

Unfortunately no. It was difficult to use (needed careful adjusting of height) which may have caused vibrations and other problems. It wasn’t really cheap either, but a short cable with copper shields sounds better. 

ECBCAAC4-5F0D-4A08-A60B-8E44B6A24401.jpeg

Say NO to ROON

• 2 months later...