IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

4 hours ago, HumanMedia said:

@Lucie

Very interesting. I have similar findings. I’m only day 5 in burning in, but I found that initially the ER added an exaggerated spatiality due to pushing the midrange and highs forward.

I knew there were changes from burning in so I’m sitting tight and almost relieved that the tonal balance is becoming more normal and the spatiality is less sound effecty.

Ive held off tweaking too much until things settle but have tried powering it with a JS-2 and LPS 1.2. These did add some improvements in treble but had a more congested mid range. With the LPS it’s like the bass information was pulled up into the midrange, not in a good way. The JS-2 had promise but I will come back to that when things settle a bit. My current preference is the stock supply, on a circuit separate from the audio system. I’m still having unnatural highs, but so have others until later in burn in process.

Overall it’s a definite improvement, but comes with some exaggerated negatives at least initially. Not trying to be negative, just objective amongst almost universal praise.

Try shunting the ER via its ground terminal screw to common ground with the JS-2. After this you don't want to go back to stock SMPS.. ;)

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

8 minutes ago, andresz said:

Try a Shunyata Alpha - about $700 US second hand. A killer. Also Shunyata ethernet venom - Sigma if you can afford it., Both ends. Uptream does matter. You can hear the effect of filters, EMO etc.... 

Looks like the Alpha and Sigma have Emo / Baaske -like isolators build in to reject common mode noise. So no wonder.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2020 at 6:20 PM, Jud said:

Actually not surprising. While the ER certainly seems to help mightily with what's coming through the Ethernet cable, remember noise can come from the power side of the system. While Uptone's SMPS has a ground shunt to get rid of noise, this may not be the case with upstream modems, for example. This is possibly why I think my system did not sound as good with a Cisco switch feeding the ER via optical, versus the ER on its own - the Cisco was being powered by its internal SMPS.

Jud, what do you mean with the ER on its own? And how is your connection now from ISP point to ER?

On 1/22/2020 at 12:39 PM, Lucie said:

Some findings about upstream changes:

My modem/router (made mandatory by my internet provider Ziggo, here in The Netherlands, a Compal CH7465LG) never seemed a very audiophile part in the chain. In forums and tests I’ve read a lot of times that the modem doesn’t play a roll in sound quality. That’s why I never experimented with it. It only has an iFi iPurifier2 after its SMPS, since a year or so. I can’t remember having heard any effect on the sound.

Because my sBooster LPS on ER did not give a good result (slightly less resolution), I had plans to sell it. But then I came up with the (at that moment seemingly silly) idea of trying it on the Compal. Immediately audible result in resolution! My wife heard it right away when she came into the room. Was it better? Unlike my wife, I like higher resolution in general, but I also found the high tones a bit sharp at the edges (test: Chet Baker, “Chet”: Alone together, both the trumpet and the saxophone). No matter the judgement, what is very clear is that modem (so "upstream") does have an effect in my system. To me that is, or rather was surprising.

Having determined this, I bought a decent cable from the “wall” to the Compal: I went from a 1.99 euros standard cable provided by Ziggo to a better, but still very cheap, Clicktronic f-connector coax cable (13.99 euros, just the most expensive Ziggo-approved cable I could find). The sharpness disappeared, immediately audible, the soundstage even widened a bit more. These may be fairly unusual findings, but I would recommend and encourage anyone to experiment upstream in the chain. Happy listening!

Streaming only: Tidal and Qobuz

Short system configuration (leaving out the power regenerators and power supplies):

Compal>Supra cat 7>into ER>

Roon Nucleus>AQ Vodka>into ER

ER out>AQ Vodka>Naim NDX2>Chord reference RCA>Accuphase E-600>AQ Rocket 88>Audio Physic Avanti

Hi Lucie, I am in the Netherlands and on Ziggo too. My wifi-modem-router is a Cisco EPC 3928 with a 15V/2.0A SMPS. May be I should try replacing its SMPS with a LPS too and see what it brings to the table. A question though: did you try other Ethernet cables besides the Supra cat 7? I ask because the shielding (via the metal connector housings) could lead to noise distribution to the ER.

3 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

he means without the cisco switch.

Yes, yes, but I am curious what his setup is now. The way I interpret it is him going from optical via switch to copper directly from eero pro router (from signature) made an improvement.

51 minutes ago, Lucie said:

I would certainly give a good LPS a try.

I don’t technically understand the noise issue from modem/router to ER, but I trust my ears, so I have just connected a cat 5e cable with plastic connectors. It’s the only cable I had lying around, 15 m long. After some back and fourth: it’s different from Supra. To put it in words: more definition. Have to do more listening to define the changes better and to determine if I like it in the long run. Can the difference be explained from the metal vs plastic connectors or from the cable? Supra should not be too bad, the other cable is a cheap data cable...

Any recommendations for an ethernet cable with plastic connectors? The 15m won’t stay on; 3m are enough.

I have good experiences with (cheap) Telegärtner cat 6 UTP and couldn't really distinguish between 5m and 10m. The general consensus is to stay away from metal shielded housings if these housings are connected to the shield of the cable on both ends. This creates a route for aforementioned noise and leakage currents.

31 minutes ago, octaviars said:

No the inner shield and the outer sheild is connected togheter but not connected to the plug.

This is from Ghent him self.

"Regarding new CAT8 ethernet cable in JSSG360, certainly no shielding connected to metal plugs. 
JSSG or JSSG360 are in the same way, no shielding connected to metal plug.

Thanks,
Ghent"

In my memory the JSSG360 principle is to connect the cable shield at one end to the metal housing of plug A while leaving the other end (the plug B side) not connected but - instead of this and via an extra lead/conductor - loop this end back to plug A. This to ground the shield and make it more effective / not capacitive while not acting as a transmitter between the two connected devices. I could be wrong though.

I found the original post about JSSG here and it to turns out that I was partially wrong in the post above. The shield doesn't need to be connected to one side to be effective. You will need the extra path from the one end of the shield to the other.

9 minutes ago, PYP said:

It is true I don't understand the mechanics of copper ethernet, and so want to ask those who do:  What is the purpose of the additional shielding for the newer cables (cat 8, for example) that carry more data? Put another way:  If it is all just bits, why the additional shielding?

The shielding (for individual pairs and overal) is to prevent electromagnetic interference so the cable meets its specs in terms of speed, bandwidth and distances for computer networking.

I agree. To my knowledge, the only reason this became a topic here in the first place is because, over at another forum, Emile from Taiko Audio is reporting SQ improvements using these long distance types of SFP's for his SGM Extreme server. So a case of n=1 and in the context of a server that is.. well.. itself subject to all kinds of extreme measures...

1 hour ago, soares said:

Yes, not easy to find a suitable LPS that significantly increases the  eR already very SQ. Good work Alex & John!!! 😀

Wishfull thinking.. 😂

1 minute ago, k-man said:

I don't think there is a right or wrong in this..it depends on where all your audio components are connected amongst everything else plugged in home.

I am quite fortunate to have my DAC and amp connected to its own mains (a HUGE upgrade in itself), so as long as ER is powered on the household/'dirty' mains, it can be fed with any SMPS/LPS as long as the ER's B side is doing what its supposed to be doing.

Without this, I would also agree with you to look for an upgraded LPS. 

Still wishful thinking. My streamer, DAC and amp are also on dedicated power. Nonetheless...

15 minutes ago, k-man said:

Your rig and your experience with the PS upgrade will be a useful data point for me. Thanks.

I posted about it in the listening impressions thread a few weeks ago. The JS-2 really excelled vs. stock SMPS after the ER ground screw was connected to a common ground (with the JS-2).

10 hours ago, soares said:

Funny! 
Any suggestions around 500$?

Already tried LPS-1.2 and Sbooster.

I don't know about the Sbooster but various people did report improvements with the LPS-1.2 vs stock SMPS. Because it is floating, you have to make sure the ER is grounded via its ground screw. My own experience is with the Uptone JS-2. Not in the 500$ range but I am using only one rail for the ER and the other one for my Roon server. So 500$ per rail... 🙃

4 hours ago, sahmen said:

Lol : You're certainly not alone, if that is any consolation... My needs are many, but now, I am limiting them to one, for the meantime : a simple 1 meter ethernet cable to connect the B-side of my ER to my Metrum Acoustics Ambre streamer. Reading this forum and others, I have learnt about the relative benefits of the following options, but there is sadly no consensus, and I get the feeling there isn't going to be one, any time soon :

1. Audioquest vodka (and maybe diamond?)

2. Wireworld Starlight 8

3. Supra Cat8

4. Shunyata Sigma (or  Alpha)

5. Nordost Hemdall (or Blue Heaven)

6. SOtM dCBL Cat7 (and Cat6)...etc etc

I am sure there are others that I am leaving out, but the list at least provides some indication as what I am faced with, at the moment.  In an ideal world, i'd simply get all of them and try them one by one, in order to ferret out and keep the one which sounds best with the ER and my other gear, and return all the rest, but it doesn't look like there is some way to try out all these expensive cables without breaking the bank (Will the cable company have all of them for rent, for example?).

On the other hand, I have already replaced the generic cheapo RJ45 cable inside my Metrum Ambre Roon bridge with a 20cm length SOtM dCBL Cat6 cable, and that replacement made a very good, and exciting impact on the sound, so something tells me that I should simply get a 1m version of the same cable to connect the ambre with the B-side of the ER and be done with all my present torment of second guessing cables.  Except that this last thought itself leads to another set of questions : What if one of the other cables on the list would sound better? Is it ever a good idea to mix brands of cables on the B-side of the ER (i.e. whatever cable I choose is going to have to interact directly with the SOtM dCBL Cat6 inside the Ambre, so if mixing cables on the b-side is.not a good idea, then the best approach would either to use another dCBL Cat6 cable to complement the one already inside the Ambre, or to use another brand of cable for the two purposes : connecting the Ambre with the ER, and replacing the RJ45 cable inside the Ambre)...

So far, I am inclined to settle for the 1m SOtM dCBL Cat6 cable not necessarily because I know it is the best option, but it seems to be the easiest, cheapest, and most pragmatic choice, however is pragmatism a good reason to choose a cable, given how expensive this one is going to be (i.e. $350)?... As you can see, I have learnt how to torture myself with such endless questions...

I thought having an audio enthusiast hobby was supposed to be fun all the way....😀

By the way speaking of pragmatism, I am already using a Cable Matters Cat8 cable between the ER and the Ambre, and although it sounds fine, and leaves nothing obvious to complain about, I have got all the forces of audio nervosa and confirmation bias in my body protesting against that choice, and trying to convince me that the Cable Matters Cat8 simply can't be the best I can do under the present circumstances... And what can a poor guy like me do to quiet down such mighty forces?...😘

Seriously though, I still want to make one choice among the above and be done with this phase of the quest.

John Swenson's advice (and this is also my own experience) is to no not use a lan-isolator after te ER  / from the B-side. So this would eliminate the SOtM and Shunyata's from your list because these have build in isolators. I would add the Ghent CAT6A JSSG360 to your list. It is on mine.

9 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

I think John was speaking of more of active isolation devices and not passive filters.   The Shunyata includes common mode filters - not isolators.  The SOtM also includes a filter I believe.

John reported about the Baaske isolator, a passive filter.

8 hours ago, sahmen said:

Thanks for the information, but it is a bit confusing, since the SOtM cables come in two configurations: dCBL Cat6/Cat7 on the one hand and the ISO Cat6 and ISO Cat7 on the other.  The ones I am interested in are the dCBL Cat6 or Cat7 versions which do not tout any Isolation properties, although they are designed to suppress noise through the use of some filters, as I understand it.

At least from the viewpoint of my own understanding which might be admittedly limited, the work of Isolation is reserved for SOtM cables, such as the ISO-CAT6 or ISO-CAT7, which  I did not intend to buy in the first place: Of course, I would like to know if what @JohnSwenson also applies to the SOtM dCBL Cat6 and dCBL Cat7 which do not claim any isolating functionalities.

Here are the specs of the dCBL-Cat7

Specification
dCBL-CAT7
Electronic specification
Impedance : 100 Ohm (±15%)
Support 10/100/1000Base-T, 10GBase-T
Mechanical specification
Cable outer diameter : 10mm (±1mm)
Noise filter block dimension(mm) : 120 x 25 x 25 (±0.5mm)
Gold plated contacts
Nickel plated zinc diecast connector bod
Aluminum-lined plastic foil & copper braid shield
Optional specification
Lengths from 1.5M up to 20M
Operating environment
Operating & Storage temperature : 0 ~ +40℃

And here are those of the Iso-Cat6 Special Edition:

iSO-CAT6 Special Edition
Isolator specification
CAT6 support
Fully shielded modular jack
High quality isolation transformer
Isolation 1500Vrms, 0.5mA, 60sec
Supplied LAN cables
Black : High resolution and dynamic
Grey : Moderate
Dard Grey : Mild and comfortable
Others
High-end audio grade sound tuning
No need external power supply

The user manual for both units is here:

https://www.sotm-audio.com/files/Accessories/dCBL-CAT7/dCBL-CAT7_with_iSO-CAT6_SE_Operating_Instructions_Rev1.0_EN.pdf?beb669&beb669

My bad, I thought the dCBL-CAT7 had an iSO-CAT6 incorporated. But it appears to be an array of ferrite cores.

24 minutes ago, octaviars said:

I would not call Baaske a filter it is just a galvanic isolator to prevent harmfull (by this I dont mean harmfull to music but people) voltages/currents to go across it, if it was designed as a filter to reduce noise it would need more coils and ferrits. I dont see the point adding something like this after a eR.

1462047207_baaske-network-isolator-med-mi-1005-network-isolator-2x-rj45-en5.thumb.jpg.f6f985034592046ebcb4afd31491fc32.jpg

It is a semantic discussion. It is a 1:1 transformer and it acts as a common mode noise filter. But your conclusion is exactly John's point. He said it actually degrades the sound. This is my experience as well with the Emo systems isolator (same principle as the Baaske).

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 4:25 AM, Jud said:

Hi - just came this afternoon. The tragic situation with the coronavirus has understandably slowed shipping from China.

Hi Jud, can you already share your first impressions about the Ghent ethernet cable? And what length did you get?

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Hi, yes. To my ears it has both the vocal and high end prowess of the Cable Matters Cat 8 and the body/bottom of the Monoprice Cat 8. But it does not seem to unduly emphasize either. It just seems accurate to me (speaking subjectively, of course). I've reached "final cable" for copper Ethernet. Due to the price, I would say anyone who would like to roll their own JSSG360 version of a Cat 8 cable and has the capability should give it a try.

These are quite stiff. I got 2 of them in 2 meter lengths, and in my system that's about the shortest I could go without putting undue torque on the components they connect to.

Thx. So you choose a Cat 8 version. I discovered just now that Ghent has this option. A linkway cable. I was under the assumption they only had one constructed with Cat 6a Belden and Metz connectors.

• 1 month later...

On 4/1/2020 at 11:35 PM, Ready4Audio said:

Thanks for the insights on the JS-2 improvements.  Since I am using a PS Audio power regenerator with the stock REGEN supply, I'm wondering if the already clean regenerated power would make the addition of a JS-2 much less impactful.  Thoughts anyone on the difference, if any, between better regulated power and clean power?  Thanks!

I have a dedicated power line and an isolation transformer as power 'clean up' measures. Despite this, the JS-2 makes a significant difference compared to the stock SMPS.

19 hours ago, Lucie said:

This is a review of the Farad Super 3 LPS in combination with the ER.

I’ve had my ER since December 2019 and I enjoy it every day. It has been one of the most influential additions to my hifi system.

I’ve tried an SBooster 12V LPS a while ago with somewhat unsatisfying results and posted these findings a few months ago on this forum.

Let’s first explain why I re-examined an LPS for the ER. I’ve obtained very good results with dedicated power supplies in my system. Since I started using them with my Naim streamer (Naim and the Naim community justly consider power supplies to be of great value) I have gradually introduced power supplies in every part of my chain with generally good, sometimes great results. This made me decide to retry a linear power supply.

Posts on this forum led me to believe that the Farad was at least one of the best alternatives, apart from the fact that it is developed about 30 kilometers from where I live (#supportyourlocals 🙂

It may be helpful to first describe my system. I’ll take two points of view: signal path and power chain.

The signal path: Modem -> ER ->  Roon Nucleus -> Naim NDX2 -> Accuphase E-600 -> Audio Physic Avanti .

To be precise and avoid any discussion about “the moat”: modem and Roon Nucleus are connected to ER A-side, the NDX2 streamer/DAC to the ER B-side.

Because this review covers a power supply, I’ll also briefly outline my power supply setup:

Wall socket -> Isol-8 Inline -> PS Audio Duet  ->Accuphase ps500v power regenerator.

(One outlet of the Duet connects to sBooster -> modem)

From the two sockets on the ps500v, one powers the amp (Accuphase E-600) directly, the other is connected to an Isotek Evo3 Polaris mains block (star-type).

Three linear power supplies are connected to this mains block:

Teddy Pardo XPS -> Naim NDX2

Teddy Pardo Nuc -> Roon Nucleus

Farad Super 3 -> ER

The cabling is a mixture of Audioquest, Siltech, Supra, Ghent, Isotek and Chord. It may not be very useful to give a detailed description of this.

Now I have come to the actual review of the Farad Super 3.

The Farad I have is the 12V-model with a Synergistic Research Orange fuse. I’ll briefly discuss the DC cable later. My listening started with the “Level 1 copper cable”, at a length of 50 cm.

I was a bit nervous when I sat down for a first listening impression after unboxing the Farad. How big would the difference be, assuming there would be any difference. After all, you’ve got to be realistic: it’s a confusing thought to think about the price of the Farad. With the fuse and DC-cable, I paid 944,- (ER costs $650,- = 575,-). That's about 1.6 times the price of the ER. Is that a sensible thing to do? These are rational considerations. It’s time to let the music speak.

The description I’ll give may be short and I it won’t be the hifi poetry that some have mastered so well. I’ll give you the notes I dryly took at that time:

“First impression. More detailed. Even cleaner. Much improved bass. Better separation. Comes a bit more loose from the speakers. Difference absolutely indisputable. Louder!”

That night my wife came home late from a short holiday. As she sat down, the first thing she said was: “Turn the volume down. That’s much too loud”. These words are not entirely unusual and mostly we tend to disagree on this, but I realized she was right. I played at the same volume as always, but the music was indeed more overwhelming. Was there more information in the music? It all seemed a bit “too much”. Puzzling. The effect was nonetheless so evident and also undesirable, that (and one may secretly laugh at my reaction, as I did myself) I checked cables, amp and even Roon settings. It was hard to believe this could be the impact of the power supply alone.

I left all devices turned on during the night and the following day I only picked up listening in the evening.

Back to my notes: “After about 20 hours: the vehemence has disappeared, as if it all settles down”. Playing mostly the same music as the night before, my wife, snapping her fingers, said : “This is the music I like.” My notes: “The sound is more organic now. I can play at even higher volume than normally (!). Bigger picture outside of the speakers. Perhaps less separation compared to the beginning, but better than with SMPS.”

Notes after a week:

“Seems to stabilize. Seduces me to listen with more concentration. Pulls you into the music. Detailed sound, but not exhausting at all. Volume turned back to normal. Sounds die out very long and in a detailed way. Soundstage deeper. Bigger picture. Bass still deep.”

Then I asked my wife for a blind test. At that moment, she still wasn’t aware that I had bought the Farad. First I let her hear the music with the SMPS, then I changed to the Farad. After only 5 seconds or so (!) she said “This is much much better. That’s clear.” I asked her to postpone her opinion and switched back to the SMPS. Her comment: “No, this is worse of course. This is not the quality level you normally play music at (sic).”

The difference between Farad and SMPS in my system is not subtle. It’s very very obvious and a big step forward. It improves the ER on all the qualities is has.

Finally a remark on the DC cable. I ordered my Farad with a “Level 2 silver DC cable”. But when I got it, it was delivered incorrectly with a “Level 1 copper DC cable”. Because of delivery delay and national holidays in Holland the right cable only arrived about two weeks later. Did I notice a difference between those cables? Risking a somewhat disappointing turn in this review: I couldn’t hear a difference. I have to admit that changing the cables is a bit of a chore, so I only switched two or three times, left it there and sent the copper cable back. Some costs could have been saved here, to be honest.

To come to a clear conclusion: the Farad is a huge improvement for the ER over the SMPS.

It’s difficult to explain in words how big the difference is. You have to hear it, of course, but one may want to get an indication… In my system (and ears) it has the same impact as the ER itself (over a standard switch), or the TeddyXPS for the NDX2. Apart from the speakers, these have been the three additions with the biggest impact on sound quality. Bigger than e.g. changing the Auralic Aries Femto for NDX2 (still quite a difference), or changing my twenty year-old Accuphase E-406V for a one year old E-600 (slight difference), or changing Kimber Cable 8pr for Audioquest Rocket 88 speaker cables (no difference). These examples are intended to prove that not all changes are big improvements in my opinion. The Farad really is. Highly recommended!

A selection of the music I listened during the evaluation:

Birds of Chicago “American Flowers” / Palatino “Palatino” / The Vogts Sisters “My own Dixie” and “Homeward” / Ill Considered “Live at the Crypt” / Paolo Fresu “P.A.R.T.E.” / Paul Motian “Sound of Love” / Michel Portal “Dockings” / Richard Galliano “Ballet Tango” …

P.S.: my wife asked me for a final say: she’d still rather book a holiday. 

Thx. Very detailed and useful. One question: which AC cable do you use with the Farad?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Pokey77 said:

I bought two 1-Meter Cable Matters Cat 8 cables from Amazon that were highly recommended on here on the UpTone Audio forums for use on the EtherREGEN. I put them in my system on 6/11 @ 3PM. I didn't get the chance to do much in the way of testing that day but thought initially that they didn't sound as good as the Supra 8+ that I had been using and were burned in for a few months. So a friend and I listened to a few different tracks and then to our usual demo track on the Cable Matters cable. Then I replaced the Cable Matters with the Supra and within five seconds my friend said that the Supra 8+ sounded better. As we continued listening, at first I thought that the midrange was maybe not as good on the Supra. Then I realized that both the bass and the treble response were better on the Supra. After reflecting a little more, all while the track was playing through, I realized that the Supra 8+ was more even top to bottom response and was more natural and listenable. Just didn't want to go back to the Cable Matters cable, though it too was better than the Monoprice Cat 5e I've used in the past. The Supra had significantly deeper and more naturally fleshed out bass and a very good top end with midrange that flowed compared to the Cable Matters cable. The Supra is $49 and the Cable Maters 8 is $12 on Amazon. In my system, at this time, it is an easy choice, spend $49. The Supra is just better and has that musicality that I'm looking for.

After my friend left, I put the Cable Matters cable back on the Aurender and will leave it there to burn in for at least two weeks and try the experiment again. Who knows, it may get better. We'll just have to wait to hear the results.

**In regards to my two posts above, the cable diagram is incorrect. See my system config in my signature.

Good info. I wonder if anyone did compare Supra CAT8+ with the Ghent JSSG360.

13 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

A brand new 12v Farad Super3 arrived here this morning and is now powering my ER.  The DC cable is a Farad Level 2 copper, which became a spare when I purchased an Audio Sensibility cable for the Super3 powering my TT2.  The power cord is a Nordost Magus that I had absconded from my home theater system.  It will eventually be replaced with a Shunyata noise reducing power cord.

The new Super3 is the one on the right with the LED that's glowing brighter because I have yet to apply a LightDim to it.

Past experience tells me that I should wait at least 2-3 hours before commenting on the sound quality.  I'll circle back with observations later.

And BTW, the ER can be seen to the right of my amp. It hanging out like that is just temporary until I get some time to move things around a bit to accommodate cable lengths.

IMG_1241.thumb.jpg.93e3a74198947b3c16f9f07a82d0518f.jpg

Question: what did the Farad replace to power the EtherREGEN?

Looking at the picture: don't you think it is wise to not place the Farad's directly on the Denali and so close to each other? I have been told that it is best to keep a minimum of 20cm distance between components with toroidal transformers.