IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

3 hours ago, sahmen said:

One more thing I have idling about is an unused  LPS 1.2. I have read a lot about the effects of a Farad LPS, but not enough about the LPS 1.2 on the ER.  So far, the stock SMPS is all I have used with the ER, and it seems to be doing fine.  If the LPS 1.2 can bring some added improvement, then I wouldn't mind trying it.

Any helpful hints or pointers would be welcome.

I was hoping to sell my LPS 1.2 after installing the EtherRegen, but some A/B comparisons with the supplied SMPS made it clear that it was worthwhile using LPS 1.2 the feed the ER. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

2 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

Let me reiterate that my system has never sounded better since implementing this fiber solution along with a pair of 10 dB attenuators on both sides.  For most of you using single mode fiber, I’d suggest ordering two pairs of 10 dB attenuators from Amazon.  Try them at both ends.  

I happen to have single mode fiber. I didn’t give it much thought, but I hate the color orange, so I ordered a run of aqua colored single mode fiber. I think things sound great but you have me intrigued. I’ll order the attenuators and give it a try.

The other option is to try a better multi mode cable, like the Sonore branded Corning. But if I post a question on sound quality of optical cable I’m sure to incur much derision on this forum. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

Does anyone have experience if they are using the OR does it still benefit to use an LPS for the router?

Thank you 

I found the opticalRendu benefited from an LPS, as it did the EtherRegen which replaced it. I also use an LPS to power my router. That is also of benefit, but I assume the benefit comes from replacing a SMPS that was adding noise back onto the AC line.