IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

2 minutes ago, stevebythebay said:

Though I've used SR products for many years, including Galileo analogue and digital interconnects in my current system, I'd recommend trying, for a bit less than a c-note, the top end Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, rather than Mr. Denny's, less than top end Galileo cable.  That's assuming you can get your hands on both for trial.  I'm betting the less expensive one from Shunyata will surprise. 

Thanks for the recommendation. I am always open to trying different stuff

1 minute ago, Confused said:

I thought that the wife emerging from the kitchen and asking why the system sounds so much better today trumps any scientifically controlled blind ABX rest?

It all depends on which forum you are posting 😂😉. I personally wouldn’t know. My wife could not care less about my toys. Of course, as long as I pay our bills 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, PYP said:

Oh, so close!  You almost received the audio nervosa award this year. 😎    SR ECTs.

‘LOL! Very funny! One cannot be called Snake Oil lover without Synergistic Research in their system. Guilty as charged 😂🤷🏻

Can you elaborate more in what you did, and the outcome, in there? I really need more snake oil LOL!

31 minutes ago, PYP said:

OK, it is snake oil, but it never inflamed my guts, so "no gain, no pain" to those who love to measure

I was only joking. But I am guessing you already know this.

Thanks for your explanation. Time for me to do further research on these tweaks.

If I may, I can share my experience with Synergistic Research. The following worked great for me:

Power Cords (Atmosphere X Excite then Euphoria)

Atmosphere X Reference USB cable and Ethernet cable

PowerCell 12 SE power conditioner 

‘’Euphoria XLR ICs, and speaker cables

The following made zero difference:

HFTs

Active Ground Block SE

Again, in my system, my house.

56 minutes ago, PYP said:

Interesting that with all your SR stuff the ground block didn't make a difference.

‘Me too. And I gave it a chance. I owned it for about three months. It did nothing. Maybe because I have a dedicated power line? And their cables mostly come with a ground plug that can simply be plugged to wall, making the ground block redundant? I don’t know... I simply report my experience 

59 minutes ago, PYP said:

To return to the thread -- is the Atmosphere ethernet cable AFTER the eR?  Would be interested in what you found if you experimented with alternatives

‘Yes it is. From EtherRegen to my streamer / server (Innuos ZENith MK3).

As for alternatives, I don’t know with regards to EtherRegen. I had it way before the EtherRegen arrived. I have not bothered with alternatives since then. This is one of the subjects I am no longer curious in experimenting with

• 2 months later...
  • Superdad pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

In general no. You should avoid any commercial cables with shield and metal plugs. Especially those that comply with a standard 😀
The audiophile Ethernet cables will all (AFAIK) not comply with the Ethernet standard when it comes to shielding.

You will find a lot of useful information on Belden webpage. Also Blue Jeans webpage. Belden technick to glue pairs (bounded) is special, and well explained as an example. Unfortunately their catsnake 1303E doesn’t use that technology. But I really don’t think it matters in a cable less than a meter. 

Cables suggested here is OK to use. Also those with metal plugs for better RFI/EMI as well as with shielding.

You have to read this as a start in order to understand the theory behind JSSG360. 

(JSSG = John Swenson Shielding Guidelines). 

If you purchase a cable with metal plugs, and a ohmmeter shows the plugs are connected, you have the recipe to creat possible unwanted issues. Further reading can be found searching AS. 

Ghent sells two Ethernet RJ45 cables, both listed as JSSG360. This means they would be OK for EtherRegen, upstream and downstream?

• 1 month later...