IGNORED

Sparky O!mpd can not find contents in external storage

If you run DietPi then you need to ssh into your Sparky (as root) and use dietpi-drive_manager command to mount your drive as /mnt/dietpi_userdata/Music (MPD default location).

To enable DSD playback, using Allo web GUI, under MPD Settings set both Output Frequency & Bit Depth as "Native". Then make sure MPD volume control is at 100% in O!MPD interface. You will have to control playback volume using your preamp or DAC hardware volume controls in this case. You can also open MPD configuration file in nano editor on your Sparky:

# nano /etc/mpd.conf

Then, in the audio_output {} section find mixer_type line and set its value to "none":

mixer_type "none"

Now restart MPD service via Allo GUI. The above setting disables ALSA software volume control altogether, which ensures bit perfect playback.

WARNING! - Make sure your preamp's volume knob is set at some low level before trying to play tracks after making these changes. Otherwise you risk blowing your speakers and, potentially, damaging your hearing.

58 minutes ago, bamyasi said:

If you run DietPi then you need to ssh into your Sparky (as root) and use dietpi-drive_manager command to mount your drive as /mnt/dietpi_userdata/Music (MPD default location).

To enable DSD playback, using Allo web GUI, under MPD Settings set both Output Frequency & Bit Depth as "Native". Then make sure MPD volume control is at 100% in O!MPD interface. You will have to control playback volume using your preamp or DAC hardware volume controls in this case. You can also open MPD configuration file in nano editor on your Sparky:

# nano /etc/mpd.conf

Then, in the audio_output {} section find mixer_type line and set its value to "none":

mixer_type "none"

Now restart MPD service via Allo GUI. The above setting disables ALSA software volume control altogether, which ensures bit perfect playback.

WARNING! - Make sure your preamp's volume knob is set at some low level before trying to play tracks after making these changes. Otherwise you risk blowing your speakers and, potentially, damaging your hearing.

Thank you for your help and now it works.

But I will be more grateful if you are willing to help me with another issue.

My dietpi system now fail to push stream to the dac, no matter gmrender or squeezelite, though bubbleupup and LMS device can actually detect the dietpi device. Even reflashing the system can not make it normal as several days ago. But everything is ok while in volumio and moode system.

What should I do to make the dietpi system work again?

21 hours ago, JoyBurrito said:

Thank you for your help and now it works.

But I will be more grateful if you are willing to help me with another issue.

My dietpi system now fail to push stream to the dac, no matter gmrender or squeezelite, though bubbleupup and LMS device can actually detect the dietpi device. Even reflashing the system can not make it normal as several days ago. But everything is ok while in volumio and moode system.

What should I do to make the dietpi system work again?

What do you mean fail to push? When you try playing a track from BubbleUPnP using GMrender on your USBridge, what happens? Does it hangs? Or playback works (check progress bar and elapsed track time) but no signal at the DAC / no sound? Is there any error message?

3 minutes ago, bamyasi said:

Oh, and which version of DietPi you are running? have you upgraded to the latest one (v6.26.3)?

Thank you for your reply. After updating to latest system version, the Allo web gui page goes wrong... It shows "login failed" on the page. But this does not matter too much. The main problem still remains. At the beginning after update, playback goes fine, but the dac can't get any signal. And now... gmrender playback goes wrong, too. App error shows"Action timeout" or something like that.

25 minutes ago, JoyBurrito said:

Thank you for your reply. After updating to latest system version, the Allo web gui page goes wrong... It shows "login failed" on the page. But this does not matter too much. The main problem still remains. At the beginning after update, playback goes fine, but the dac can't get any signal. And now... gmrender playback goes wrong, too. App error shows"Action timeout" or something like that.

Forwarded PM