IGNORED

New McIntosh DA2 Digital Module Available

21 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

That would mean they would need to come up with a software solution as well, and support it, and does that really make sense when there are so many good ethernet sources already that can connect to their DAC?

I get that but if they want to stay relevant I'd start including/designing Ethernet based connections.  You can always allow Roon to do the heavy lifting, Like in Bel Canto's Black series, PS Audio DACs ect.  I won't purchase a future product DAC, Integrated Pre., without it.  Ethernet has simplified cabling for me.  I agree there are a lot of great ethernet sources out there.   

I'm still amazed that McIntosh and other brands make products with so many inputs that aren't solely dedicated to home theater.  I don't know anyone anymore that use more then 3 inputs (DAC or stream, Phone and tape) and digital is usually the default go to.

My ultimate solution would be a Kii or Dutch like product (with full frequency range) Roon capable, DSP and a nice remote. 

I'm still amazed at the sound and how simple the setup is on my Kef LS50s with a REl sub are.  If KEF made a floor standing (full range) model of this design I'm done.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet