IGNORED

Problem w AP60ii as transport with IDSD Micro Black

Hi to you all.

This is my first post here looking for help with my IDSD micro BL.

Up till now I have used it with usb input from jRiver with Win10, and I am completely thrilled and satisfied with the SQ.

After reading many reviews about using the HIDIZ AP60ii as a cheap transport using its USB out I bought one and have been using it with excellent SQ also, but I have a problem which I have not been able to solve.

When  playing an album most of the time they play perfectly but now and then it will pop up a notice saying that¨  ¨Play failed. Not support file¨. It then skips that file and plays the next one. If I go back up to the previous file that did not play, it will play it perfectly, so It means that there is no incompatibility problems with that file. It is annoying because I have to keep checking whether it missed a file or not.

I have tried reformatting the sd card, reloading the files (which play perfectly on my Win10 usb out) but every now and then it skips a file.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

What are idsd black label owners using as a digital transport?

Thanks

Hi @ronaldmike

iDSD BL user myself, using a headless I7-CAPS Zuma WIN10 with JRiver, ROON or Audirvarna at the moment, using the iFi usb drivers for windowsa and Foobar Asio proxy for DSD with JRvier.But that is sometime a bit annoying ;-(
I would contact HIDIZ for that Problem, it could be related to the USB Drivers they are using.
Alternative sources of problem may be the USB cable you are using or - as you have already índicated - the SD Card.
Are you playing files at original rates or upsampled ?
Best, Tom

Thanks.

Using my Win10 with jRiver and latest usb driver by IFI I have no problems whatsoever.

It is when using hidiz AP60ii as a digital usb out to idsd. Not all the time but now and then it will not play the file but skips to nexr one.

I have used the ap60 dap with earphones out and it does not display that problem. So I do not think it has to do with the SD card or the format but something with the comunication between the AP60 and the idsd. I am using the IFI OTG cable as a connection.

(Yesterday I installed the firmware 5.3C with the new filter. All I can say is that my music has never sounded so good)

Best

Ronald