IGNORED

Article: Home Audio Fidelity - Room Shaper Review

Mitchco-

Great article. I would never have thought of using this together with standard DRC.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any reasonable way to make this work with Roon (VST plugins).

Yes, JRiver is a possibility, but I strongly prefer Roon as a UI.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Yeah, I haven't figured out how to get it up and running either.

I'm using Roon convolution for DRC; I've got the mic, REW, trial version of the program etc.

Just can't figure out how to actually do the measurements and produce the needed correction in my setup. When I tried to use the .dll, I kept getting a response that it couldn't be loaded. And I can't figure out how to use the standalone version together with other software. I'll give it another try  on the weekend. 

If anyone wants to help, PM me. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 4 months later...

I wish people who've managed to implement it would help beef up the instructions. I still haven't figured out how to get it working with Roon. 

18 hours ago, alec_eiffel said:

It's quite easy if your endpoint is a Windows PC.

Instructions are provided in the application archive you download, use the "standalone" version.

Don't agree. I'm not technically incompetent and I couldn't get it to work through Roon on Windows. Everything seems to be setup properly, but I don't get sound output. 

It doesn't mean a lot that you think it's quite easy: It's the "clear if already understood" phenomenon-easy when you already know how.