IGNORED

Article: Home Audio Fidelity - Room Shaper Review

On 11/20/2019 at 7:49 AM, scintilla said:

I used Roon--> Soundflower-->Hijack-->Room Shaper-->Loopback-->HQPlayer.

I then tried Roon-->Soundflower-->Puremusic streamthrough-->Loopback--HQPlayer.  

The latter would be preferred if I could get Room Shaper to work as a plugin in Puremusic, but so far I can't get Puremusic to recognize it and allow it as an AU in the list or to get plugins even working in the chain. Loopback is not easy to configure. I found that I could put Room Shaper between Roon and Loopback though and that may be my only option right now. None of this is ideal.

Could you give some advise on how you got it working on a Mac? I can’t write the configuration, Thierry was trying to help but unfortunately we were not successful so far.

I am using Audio Hijack: Roon - Room Shaper - Output. After uploading the ir files I get an error message when trying to write the configuration. I did place the plugin in the library/audio/plugin-ins/components folder.... see screenshot attached

7AE4A467-990F-43C7-830A-5381D52D2A63.png

8 hours ago, Alvantri said:

I got the same error message on mac-mini. Reasoned it had to be a permissions problem even though logged in as admin-user. Solved by starting room-shaper as a root-user - for how to do that:

http://osxdaily.com/2013/02/06/how-to-run-gui-apps-as-root-in-mac-os-x/

Only need to do this one time as once config is successfully loaded then can run room-shaper normally.

Thans Alvantri. That did work. I got it configured now, but I am only getting my 4 subs once I turn on Hijack, mains are gone then. How did you integrate Room Shaper?

On 11/26/2019 at 6:30 AM, Alvantri said:

Using Room Shaper as plugin with JRMC on the Mac-mini, and then digital out via MOTU 8D to Win10 laptop/RME FF UCX,  and AcourateConvolver for 2 way crossovers/room correction for active 2-way system. Can't do all the processing on one box as it won't keep up. Getting very good sound this way though.

Got it. JRMC. I can't use JRMC because I am only streaming from TIDAL and the WDM driver thing isn't working properly. Too bad, but thanks anyway!