IGNORED

Three Chords And The Truck

What I hear isn't a truck backup alarm...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

6 hours ago, Daccord said:

UPS alarm? Opinions on Van Morrison aside, what do you think the beeping noise is?

I don't think it is an alarm. Listen without the preconceived notion that it's an alarm and maybe you will hear something different. 

If anyone else wants to offer an opinion....

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

14 hours ago, firedog said:

I don't think it is an alarm. Listen without the preconceived notion that it's an alarm and maybe you will hear something different. 

If anyone else wants to offer an opinion....

I listened again but whatever it is, it still sounds like something that shouldn't be there.

8 hours ago, Daccord said:

I listened again but whatever it is, it still sounds like something that shouldn't be there.

FWIW, the sound is on beat with the rhythm of the song. It sounds like an electronic "percussive" creation.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Yes, it's a deliberate, high pitched percussive element - in a separate acoustic space from the other instruments - has quite a sweet sparkle to it on my laptop, from a YouTube clip.

Why do musicians "add stuff" to the music ...well, they're musicians, 🙂. They like "playing with sound", and for them it adds character to the song...

19 hours ago, Daccord said:

Do you think it adds to the song, or would the song be better without it?

IMO, a cymbal would have sounded better but Van Morrison, who also produced the album, obviously had other ideas. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

21 hours ago, Allan F said:

FWIW, the sound is on beat with the rhythm of the song. It sounds like an electronic "percussive" creation.

It seems to me to be some kind of percussion designed to resemble a triangle, but more powerful. I do think it is a bit overdone.

56 minutes ago, Gussy said:

I’m pretty sure that’s a triangle.

I actually thinks it sounds like a triangle too, it just seems a bit too strong. Maybe it's just the mix.