IGNORED

Streaming TIDAL through stereo recommendations

I was considering getting a Bluesound Node 2i.  But after reading up a bit.  It seems to be not all it's cracked up to be and quite possibly disappointing.  So, since I don't live near any stores to go and demo any other options - I'm hoping to get some feedback / recommendations for something that would be a step up from Bluesound Node 2i for streaming TIDAL through my vintage Denon amp. that won't lose any audio quality over wifi or bluetooth and have a good user interface that works well - as opposed to the problematic BlueOS.  Hoping to stay around the same price point of the Node 2i or like a said, "a step up" from Bluesound.  Also, hoping to buy from a vendor that has financing options.

Thanks - 

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it.  But, you didn't mention anything about what would be a step up from Bluesound Node 2i for streaming TIDAL through my living room vintage Denon stereo.  Btw, I'm content with my Mac set-up (Dragonfly Black through Klipsch at my desk in my bedroom).  I'm wanting to stream through my living room stereo. 

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

Thanks again for the feedback.  But again, don’t want to run a cable from my bedroom to my living room or move my computer.  I want to stream TIDAL through my living room stereo.  

Thanks, all for your feedback.  It's much appreciated.  

Thanks again, everyone.  I'll consider those suggestions.  One thing I want to mention (and I don't know if it matters) is that I don't listen to classical or jazz.  My music preference is mainly rock or pop genre.   

16 hours ago, Rexp said:

The Node analog out sucks, didn't bother trying the digital out. 

Wow, maybe I'm better off considering a different amp or some other option.

9 minutes ago, HC515 said:

I would encourage OP to get a single box solution.  I went with a separate DAC initially and bought a Modi 3, bought some cables, and eventually got tired of the laptop tethered to the DAC config.  Could have saved a $150 if I just went to my final solution from the beginning but live and learn.  You just have to determine what your budget is and find what fits within your budget and make the best choice for you.  It could be a separate DAC, or the Node 2i, or a new streaming amp.

What was you’re final solution?

Thanks again everyone for your feedback.  It's much appreciated.  

18 hours ago, HC515 said:

I ended up buying a Peachtree Deco Sky 125  it fits what I was looking for and allowed me to cut the chords and get enough power to run just about any speaker I want in the future. Node 2i has a better OS but a tradeoff I was willing to accept. 

I viewed that on Amazon and found negative feedback. 

19 minutes ago, HC515 said:

You know what they say about online reviews.  A dissatisfied customer makes 10x the noise that a satisfied customer does.  Most satisfied customers don't bother to make reviews.  If I recall Amazon only had about 10 reviews on this product but I did enough research and found other reviews that made me feel comfortable buying it.  Getting 120W per channel with Wifi made this an attractive purchase for me plus the fact that this item was $1100 when it first came out, it's still $900 at most online places, and Amazon has it for $740 plus I get 5% cash back with my Amazon Prime CC.  It's not the right amp for everyone but nothing is a one shoe fits all solution.  I'm happy and that's all that matters to me.

You just have to decide what is best for you and don't put too much thought into what what others say.  It's good to get other opinions but ultimately you have to be happy with what you buy.  And given the return flexibility that many merchants offer today you can always return something if you're not 100% satisfied.

When I bought the PT I was thinking there was a 50% chance I'd return it but I like it a lot now and the only thing that would make it perfect is support for Amazon HD but that is sort of out of PT's control since they use 3rd party apps.  For now I use Tidal but once Amazon HD is supported I'll make the switch.

Thanks for your reply.  I've never tried anything from Peachtree but have always been interested.  

Thanks to both "DelsFan" & "trappy" for your input!