IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

I just realised I missed the whole thread!! Thanks for point this EEE issue to me 🙂  I had connection dropouts twice in the first 48hrs but have not experience any more connection dropouts without turning off EEE. Is this EEE issue suppose to affect the whole switch as I lost connections to all devices connected to the ER when it happened?   

22 minutes ago, Ehsu said:

I just realised I missed the whole thread!! Thanks for point this EEE issue to me 🙂  I had connection dropouts twice in the first 48hrs but have not experience any more connection dropouts without turning off EEE. Is this EEE issue suppose to affect the whole switch as I lost connections to all devices connected to the ER when it happened?   

Please just wait for the firmware update. We can not diagnose or predict what happens with EEE events for various systems. But we are rather confident that the new firmware will put this issue to bed.  Had some distractions but I'm nearly done with the instructions and will proceed with the roll-out plan as previously explained.

Thanks for your patience.

16 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Thanks @dminches & @rickca,

Not sure about the router part. But will disable EEE on the Endpoint as well if it drops again. Has played fine since my last post. So one dropout in 7 hours. WAY better than before.

Cheers,

Alan

Apologies for the OT update. Wake up to find that overnight my Roon server has tried to update to 1.7 and the update failed!! One day of stability and back firefighting!

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

I have finally bypassed the ER awaiting the fix.  Upgraded to Roon 1.7 and both Tidal/Qobuz have empty playlists and streaming fails on those tracks.  Connectivity issues every 1/2 hour.

I'll reboot my whole network again later because I want to listen tonight. Maybe Alex will surprise us today 🙏

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

2 hours ago, FrankMA said:

I have finally bypassed the ER awaiting the fix.  Upgraded to Roon 1.7 and both Tidal/Qobuz have empty playlists and streaming fails on those tracks.  Connectivity issues every 1/2 hour.

I'll reboot my whole network again later because I want to listen tonight. Maybe Alex will surprise us today 🙏

Most of this is Roon 1.7 related - I've have similar problems and don't have an ER.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
1 minute ago, jcn3 said:

Most of this is Roon 1.7 related - I've have similar problems and don't have an ER.

Yeah Roon forum is littered with 1.7 related issues.

I got mine working tho. AL2.1 and Roon1.7 conquered 😁

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

3 hours ago, FrankMA said:

Upgraded to Roon 1.7 and both Tidal/Qobuz have empty playlists and streaming fails on those tracks.  Connectivity issues every 1/2 hour.

I run Roon 1.7 and Qobuz with zero problems, seems that the problems with 1.7 only affects some setups. Played several hours last night with my eR connected no issues.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
32 minutes ago, octaviars said:

I run Roon 1.7 and Qobuz with zero problems, seems that the problems with 1.7 only affects some setups. Played several hours last night with my eR connected no issues.

Don't want to make this a Roon 1.7 thread, but Roon stopped working during the night (still burning in the eR), so any further information related to what folks think is attributable to the eR vs. the new OS would be helpful.  Last night the playlist was from my library.   Rebooted my DAC and Roon could see my DAC endpoint, so that makes me think the eR isn't involved.  Any suggestions?

So far Qobuz, when Roon is working, is fine and 1.7 features are absolutely great.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

8 minutes ago, stevebythebay said:

I suppose a good way to absolutely rule out the eR for those with Roon 1.7 issues is to swap the eR for the prior switch they were using.  By it's nature a switch is operating at hardware and portions of the IP stack well below the application level and should never affect what's happening at higher levels, let alone outside the device itself.

Bingo

Since empty playlists and songs not available in both streaming services are most likely network related, this will be a good test. 

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

Listening in a familiar audio system is the proper way to evaluate the SQ effect one device has compared to another device. Measurement can be made for us to learn and make assumptions about why equipment A with lower phase noise for example sounds subjectively better than equipment B with higher phase noise. The correlation between SQ and measurements has first to be establish for a device before it can be used as any type of reference.

31 minutes ago, Superdad said:

At some point John will have the measurements and the we’ll release those with an understandable white paper (from which Sonore will benefit as well). Maybe you will be satisfied then.  (By the way, I continue to recommend the Rendu series to clients more than a dozen times every year—yet have no measurements to back them up. ¬¬)

Until such time, please knock it off and stop crapping in this thread!

I'm happy to provide you measurements. I always reciprocate and recommend your products to customers.       

1 minute ago, Superdad said:

Thanks, but I am not. I’m just trying to a business in a conscientious fashion and to keep up with the daily support, logistics, and production demands that come along with offering quality products that perform and are reasonably priced. Frankly, it is difficult and overwhelming sometimes, and I am approaching a crossroads where I have to consider hiring a non-production person to assist (mostly with parts procurement, inventory, accounting, and shipping logistics). Despite the success, there can be a lot of stress. 

This has to stop now!  From all sides.

Jesus and I have had a friendly relationship for several years. And even though we occasionally chafe with each other as we vie alternately for John’s engineering time, offline we have reached reasonable agreements. I’m not going to allow some fine points of product positioning get in the way of any of this.

And I sure as heck am not going to tolerate anyone—in the UpTone-sponsored forum—throwing insults at anyone else.

Life is too short and my blood pressure is probably too high...o.O

I have been thinking about using Amazon and have applied for product SKUs as a test. 

My apologies Alex...I'm out.