IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2020 at 2:11 PM, omegazeppelin said:

For the first few weeks, I also had my LG OLED smart TV, running the latest webos, plugged into the A-side of the etheregen without any issues. Recently this configuration has not worked. I get a cycling message of network dropped and established. I'm unsure if this corresponds with an OS update on the tv as I have automatic updates turned on. It seems that the TV "sees" the ethernet connection without any internet passing through. If I switch the TV to the B-side of the etherregen, I have no issues. So the problem only persists without crossing the moat. I've tried connecting the modem directly to the etherregen and have the same issue.

I have been going through the same exact issue. I've not been able to get my LG OLED to work (continuous cycle of disconnect and connect). I have placed the ER in another room with different network components, and it seems to be doing fine.

At this stage, I can't point that there's an issue with the ER, just a compatibility issue. I've ended using wireless connection on the TV. Music system comes first -_-

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, bailyhill said:

I realize that spending 3.5K for a Mutec at first blush sounds ridiculous to feed a $640 EtherRegen.

It is ridiculous to spend 3.5k to feed the EtherRegen. The option is there to appeal to those who are likely to already own one based on connecting it those existing devices (mainly the SOtM gear). Think of the amazing things one can use the 3.5k for..new music server, DAC upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Ponkbutler said:

People are quite free to choose spend their money as they prefer without being ridiculed for it....aren't they?

Yes, no one needs saving, and I agreed with the previous post that people with 100k systems can be inclined to do so. My point is mainly that the 3.5k clock won’t make the EtherREGEN an attractive 3.65k device. It is an impressive device in itself with all the component choices inside to improve many systems.