IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Hello, @Superdad, @JohnSwensonand others here on the forum. I am having a configuration problem with my new EtherRegen.

if I run Ethernet from my Ubiquiti switch directly to my microRendu (brand new version), and USB from there to my Okto DAC, HQP sees all and Roon playback works fine. 

If I run the Ethernet first to a Sonore optical module (the microRendu sized case), then fiber from there to the EtherRegen and Ethernet back out of there to the microRendu, it does not work. 

I note the difference is that by adding in the EtherRegen, only the amber light on the microRendu is on (flickering of course).  Without the EtherRegen, the microRendu also has a solid green light running. 

Same outcome if I bypass the optical module and run Ethernet straight into the EtherRegen — no green light on the microRendu. 

Any clue as to what is going on here?  Thanks. JCR 

Thank you, @Superdad.  Following up here after our telephone conversation a few minutes ago.  @magnium, you'll be pleased to learn that your suggestion DID work -- I walked away from the equipment for 10 minutes, came back and the microRendu was discoverable over the network and music is playing out now just fine.

Alex believes that the microRendu green light relates to 1Gb connections, whereas the B side of the EtherRegen is 100Mb.  So, it may well be normal operation for the green light not to be on when using a microRendu through an EtherRegen.  I will test and/or confirm this with the Sonore/SGC folks.  Cheers.  JCR