IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Hi just to report I have also been experiencing dropout on the Etherregen. 

Ive had the odd one before but it really got to a point where it was driving me mad recently as I would get a drop out , it would take 10 or 15 minutes to sort itself out and then work for half an hour then go again.

My network is router, through power line then etherregen A , B out to my power DAC , I also have a seperate link from etherregen to apple TV 4th gen on the A side.

I switched it round feeding the B side from my wall outlet and that made no difference. I also note that my uPNP app on my ipad MconnectHD was also queuing qobuz albums and doubling tracks so track 1 would play twice then track 2 etc.... that was also driving me nuts.

after visiting this thread I decided to try putting my old Cisco 2960 with inbuilt SM power supply in the chain. So router, through power to cisco, separate Lan from cisco to apple TV, Cisco to etherregen A , B out to power DAC.

Ive been running this 4 days with no issues and my uPNP app is also now queuing correctly and with the cisco in the system it actually also sounds better again !!

All my switches apple tv, amp and subwoofer go through an Isotek Sigmas gen 2 and I have the etherregen on a Paul hynes PR3 regulated LPS.

Im now also going to try fibre out of the Cisco.

9 minutes ago, Superdad said:

It is not clear to me where your music is stored, what path it takes, what player s/w you are you using, and what is your DAC-attached endpoint.  All those things can make a difference.

My system is a lyngdorf TDAI 3400 super integrated. It's  a power DAC , with a built in streamer and spotify connect I run it as 2.1 system for my TV via apple TV. We have some movies bought on apple store, Netflix, Amazon prime and you tube (fantastic source for music videos , and live concerts even though it's low resolution if it's well produced the sound quality is great). About 30% of my music is played from you tube.

As well as Spotify , which I can stream from spotify app, I have a qobuz subscription for hi rez music which plays via the Mconnect HD app using uPNP.

That's it apart from the 2 network switches and power conditioners.

It's bare bones, minimalist but sounds excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...