IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Listening in a familiar audio system is the proper way to evaluate the SQ effect one device has compared to another device. Measurement can be made for us to learn and make assumptions about why equipment A with lower phase noise for example sounds subjectively better than equipment B with higher phase noise. The correlation between SQ and measurements has first to be establish for a device before it can be used as any type of reference.

23 hours ago, Jud said:

Close in terms of position in the signal chain, not in terms of physical distance.

Thank you Jud, may I ask if you have test this yourself, because I have read several times that Up Tone recommend the ER to be placed close to the endpoint. It even says so in their set up guide. To be honest I never really understood why that would be better. 

23 minutes ago, Jud said:

Is it very inconvenient for you to have a 1 meter cable? (In other words, what would necessitate a 10 meter cable in your system?)

Yes I would need to reorganize my audio system, because I don’t have any unused power outlets left on my power conditioner or on the mains wall outlet close to my audio system. I have lots of unused outlets on my other power conditioner used for my routers, switch etc.

I must say that I find the reaction to my question almost unfriendly. It is a thread for question and I have bought ER and read things like this below and was wondering if it was affecting SQ if using longer cables. I guess now I know better than to ask again here.

The point being that what comes before the isolation--and final clocking "out" to the DAC-connected device--is what will matter much less.  But the cable from that--typically the lone 'B"-side port--will be the one that still matters.  Hence we suggest keeping the EtherREGEN close to the DAC-connected Ethernet renderer (or Ethernet DAC) and using a short, high-quality cable for that connection.