IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Hi Everybody.

00188B16-57B5-4DFB-8649-90958CA7AC17.thumb.jpeg.9f182ad9bd8e0fa3b6fc42beb8c536db.jpeg
I have an issue connecting EtherRegen with my LG C9 TV.
It is very strange.
I have connected EtherRegen from router to A port and B to Server. If i connect TV to an A free port it doesn’t work, but if i connect TV (instead of server) on B port it works.
When i reverse B to A Server and TV plays perfectly but SQ decreases..
I don’t understand it.
TV connected directly to router works too.

Cheers !!!

18 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@Stereophonic

You are showing a connection direct to safety ground. Third pin to wall outlet.  Answer is yes.

You should read Uptone guideline if that connection is needed in your case.

Is the Jcat powering your EtherRegen ? Anything else ?

Thank you. 
Yes. I have a Jcat Optimo Duo powering my EtherRegen. 
I didn’t find a better picture. I was talking about grounding ER to the JCat chasis ground screw... 

14596AD7-8732-4051-BE58-0C7B05AF46B6.jpeg.c8a6c4ebf59ca857e567e083f869432c.jpeg

8 hours ago, One and a half said:

The Optimo duo has an earth connection at the DC output by looks of it, to connect a shield. Use that shield instead, since the DC power is referenced to that in the Optima. that way, the earth connection is short, the earth wire shown looks like an antenna to me.

Means braking open the DC connector and looping the shield to the EtherRegen.

An alternative is to run another earth cable from the Ether Regen to the same AC power distribution box as the Optima Duo.That cable  can be a standard schuko connector with only the earth connected. In that way the same potential works for the duo and the EtherRegen, and no cutting the DC cable. Would recommend the earth cable to be AWG12 or 2.5mm flexible.

Thank you !!! 👍🏻

On 1/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, Superdad said:

In the 14 months of shipping EtherREGEN you are the third person to report exactly that problem when using our 

switch with an LG OLED television.  We can only conclude that there is something odd about the way the LG network connection works and some incompatibility between it and the EtherREGEN.

It is extremely rare to find a documented case of true incompatibility—as EtherREGEN pretty much functions as a normal unmanaged switch. Yet it seems you have encounter one of the few. I recall that the other two people found simple workaround—allowing them to keep the LG TV upstream of the EtherREGEN—of first attaching the LG to a small cheap switch and feeding that into one of the ‘A’ side ports. I’m not sure if that cheap switch needs to be 100Mbps or if it can be a Gigabit-capable switch.

Thank you for your answer. 
My unit was bought in April by my dealer. 
Could it be i need to upgrade EtherRegen to latest firmware?

Regards

7 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I did reply via e-mail to your message last week--with the same information posted here--but the e-mail address you gave failed and the message come back to us.

No, the issue you have with LG OLED TV is not something that can be fixed with firmware. Especially since we do not know what causes it and it seems unique to LG OLED TVs.  Sorry about that.

Thank you for your quick reply...👍🏻