IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

14 minutes ago, Dutch said:

My DIY music server has a JCAT net card, connected to A side of ER. Only one port is used now, previously the second port was used to directly connect to my NUC endpoint (the two ports were bridged). Now the NUC is connected to the B side of the ER. This resulted in the SQ improvements I described in an earlier post. 

With everything that’s written thus far I don’t think the same results can be had when I connect one port of the JCAT to B side and the second port directly to NUC.

Ditto...same setup here and identical result.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, nonesup said:

Could someone explain to me, since I don't have much electrical knowledge, how can I tell with a multimeter, if the two outputs of LPS Kenneth Lau (12v and 5v) are isolated from each other?  Thanks in advance.

The way I check is using a multimeter to measure both negative legs of power supply outputs to see whether they are open or short.  If they are open, then they are isolated (independent) from each other, if they are shorted, they share the same ground.  Another check is measure between the power supply output negative legs and ground leg of AC input to determine if the power supply is a floating design.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:43 PM, cat6man said:

i'm in 3rd batch but curious about where the referenced audiolinux NUC setting (that needs to be 100mb/s) resides?

First, go to selection-5, "EXPERT menu"

image.thumb.png.98c8bc35093c03f7a16fa3affb0fa66d.png

Second, use selection-7, "ETHERNET speed limit" and follow the on screen instructions.

image.thumb.png.1733457f269bdd571010a497d65afeea.png

• 2 weeks later...

The revised diagram will work.  If you have not yet acquired all the Cat5e or 6a Ethernet cables, another consideration is Cable Matters SFTP Cat8 Ethernet cable.  In my system, it performs quite well compare to other cables from no name to some that is 10x more in cost.  There are few well written reviews and comments on this cable from other threads, and this is one example.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ambre said:

I have a question where to place at best the ER  (B-side) my chain due to the fact that I

use Bridged Mode Mac mini 2018.

Just another input while you are waiting for Alex...I have the best benefit by placing ER right before the last Ethernet device connected to the DAC, in my case, that is my endpoint (streamer), in your diagram, it will be the Allo USB Bridge Signature.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Roasty said:

hey guys. have ordered and am awaiting delivery of an EtherRegen. before it arrives, could someone suggest where to place it in my chain? at present it looks like this:

wall outlet > linksys gigabit switch > Intel Nuc > USB cable > Singxer SU-6 > IIS cable to dac

should the EtherRegen go just before the gigabit switch, or after? (apologies if this has been asked multiple times before..)

Are there other items plugged into the existing GB switch?  There are 4 inputs on the A side of ER, so if there are no more than 4 items plugged into GB switch, ER can just replace the existing GB switch.

24 minutes ago, Dev said:

Does eR 'B' port supports auto-negotiation at all ?

It should, but I set it to 100 running AL since day 1 and so far so good.

One thing I discover running AL on both server and endpoint is, I set server to static IP and DHCP on endpoint and change the default name on endpoint, with this combination, it has been working nicely without any issue.  Setting server to static IP is more convenient for me to run HQPe via remote desktop, but it is not a necessity.  Not sure how all these are transferable to Euphony, so hopefully there are some ideas here to help troubleshoot your issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

the B side of the ER is "limited" in internet speed (100 mega) compared to the A side.
What is the speed of a DSD music stream to the streamer knowing that I am using ROON and HQPlayer? ke side B is "sufficient"?

To run DSD512, you will use closed to 50Mbps of bandwidth, so the 100Mpbs on B side is more than sufficient.

DSD512 = 44100 * 512 * 2 (stereo) = 451548400 bps