IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

2 hours ago, thotdoc said:

I just received the ER.  In the unit I received, the optical cage is an optical cave...ie there is no connecting SFP mechanism...just a mounting hole.

Help.

It does not come with SFP module. It was clear all along. I was personally prepared. I had bought this (need to scroll down) for $20 plus shipping

B26EAB71-0DDB-4381-97E1-22C9F50075EC.jpeg

5 minutes ago, soares said:

Tks. I also ordered spare  one when I bought my oM, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Will try again! 

Hmmm... it works fine with me. Worked from the start.

Issues with yours could be:

1 - What are you feeding it with? Gigabit or fast speed? How is the connection done?

2 - Are you using a matching fiber cable?

From EtherRegen user manual:

——

Only Gigabit LC-optical or copper interface modules are compatible with the SFP cage of the EtherREGEN. They can be SX multi-mode, LX multi-mode, or LX single- mode, as long as they are Gigabit and match what is used at the other end of the optical cable.
The modules at each end can be from different manufacturers as long as their type and mode specifications match. While some manufacturer’s switches work only with special “branded” SFP modules, that is just an ID code stored in the module. The EtherREGEN ignores this code so any Gigabit SFP module can be used regardless of manufacturer code.

——

To recap: that SFP module works with EtherRegen. Confirmed. Something else is going on

34 minutes ago, soares said:

Tks Alex! Just discovered that if I connected it to my router it works! The problem seems to be related exclusively when It is connected to the Cisco. 
So:

i) router >(copper) > oM > (fiber) > eR > (copper) > uR - ok

ii) router > (copper) > Cisco (copper) > oM> (fiber) > eR > (copper) >uR - no connection ( the light in the rj45 port is off)

iii) router > (copper) > Cisco> (fiber) > oM > (copper) > uR - ok

Cheers Jorge

Cisco is most likely NOT gigabit

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Should be available to everyone by tomorrow.  Hang tight! 9_9

Do you recommend that everyone installs the new firmware? Even those with no connectivity issues?

I hope not. I am with the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" philosophy 🙂

8 minutes ago, owldiscourse said:

Highly suggest you seek one out. Mine has been tracked down so I'm going to have to ship it back out ASAP which is a shame since I wanted to try it on the EtherRegen. It's the first time I've had another Galileo in my setup and its effect seems to be additive to what the SR does well. In fact what it's doing is so similar to what folks in the other thread are describing when they install their EtherRegens it's a bit uncanny.

I “only” have their Atmosphere X Reference Ethernet Cable (and the equivalent USB cable), and it’s amazing. I wish I could afford the Galileo SX line

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
9 minutes ago, acousticsguru said:

Historically, there's always been a time when we didn't know what we know now.

Well said! You hit the nail in the head, your entire post. I quoted the above to simply say that once something has now been measured and discovered (like the examples you mentioned above, I can add more, including "measuring" that the earth is round and goes in orbit around son, not vice-versa), these types will simply move to the next item to naysay, as if nothing happened. they will continue to do their "job"

• 10 months later...
8 minutes ago, mfsoa said:

Regardless if it is Roon's "fault" or not, it kinda stinks that I can't use the EtherRegen as intended due to the "Roon doesn't like to cross the moat" issue. I wish I had known this prior to purchase.

-Mike

It sounds like you did not do enough reading BEFORE the purchase. If any. Yeah… reading is still a thing. Clearly available reading in Uptone website before you add to card. Very hard reading, right? Who does that anymore? 

1 minute ago, mfsoa said:

Wow, thyname, thank you for the string of insults. I honestly don't know what I said to deserve them but please let me know for next time.

I do not see on the Uptone website where it cautions against using with Roon. Please show me, thank you.

I am a Lifetime Roon subscriber for 5 years. EtherRegen works great with Roon. And I am crossing A to B. So are 100% of my Roon friends. I don’t know what else to tell you.

Perhaps you have a defective unit. Return or exchange it. I am sorry 

Guys: relax. Hold your horses. It’s internet. Roon or not. EtherRegen works fine for internet transmission when going A to B. For Roon or anything else that requires Internet. 

Please show me a reference to your statement that Roon does not work with EtherRegen when you cross from A to B. It’s ridiculous 

As I said above. You may have a defective unit. As shocking as it may sound to you, it’s a possibility 

3 minutes ago, mfsoa said:

Thyname,

The irony in you insulting me for not reading something that does not exist on the Uptone website, while refusing to read the original post you are responding to is indeed rich. Please see the comment from Superdad in the post you are responding to. I don't know any more ways to tell you where the information is that you are asking for. Please read the post to which you originally replied. There, that was one.

It sounds like you did not do enough reading BEFORE you replied. If any. Yeah… reading is still a thing. Clearly available reading in my original post before you submit your post. Very hard reading, right? Who does that anymore?

So ONE single guy reporting his EtherRegen does not work with Roon when going from A to B makes this a fact? A source? 😂😂. This is ridiculous. If not insane.

There are literally hundreds of people with EtherRegen and Roon who have zero issues.