IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Presumably EtherRegens from “batch 2” onwards will have appropriately revised firmware to mitigate any EEE issues?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 1 month later...

I am currently using my EtherRegen with a 10MHz reference clock signal from my Mutec REF10.  This works fine and sounds good, so no issues.

I would like to try a quick comparison between using the REF10 and using the EtherRegen's internal clock.  So far, when I have swapped between the internal and external clock, I have taking the cautious approach of powering down the EtherRegen, switching between INT / EXT clock, then powering up again.  An easier approach would be to simply switch between the two by swapping the INT / EXT switch whilst the EtherRegen is powered up and running.  Is it OK to do this?  I am a little worried the EtherRegen might not like this for some reason and I might junk something, but maybe I am being over cautious here? 

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.