IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Running in the ER to a Sonore OpticalRendu for a friend...dang both of these get crazy hot in a non AC room so doing some passive cooling with a big heatsink over the 2 units...also helps hold them down.

ER is connected B-A(SFP) and powered by the supplied SMPS. OR is powered by SGC 7V 50W for now, awaiting shipment of the better Sonore powersupply and DC-4 cable. The B side is connected to another ER on the A side noted below. Final DAC for this will be a Denafrips Terminator

Another ER (my unit) is also in play, with A side connected via SFP to an FS.com media converter and B side to an Allo USBridge (sparky version) - final DAC for this will be a Denafrips Ares 2 or Soekris DAM1021 

DAC for both running setups are Khadas Tone Boards at this time.

cf2c31c4-ad85-4953-9e24-43402cb4b71f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@savjam I don’t understand your setup as macmini has only one Ethernet port? What DAC are you using? What is your streaming software...and how are you getting the 2nd Ethernet port - via usb or thunderbolt Ethernet adapter perhaps?

edit ah I see Alex suggested you not use the thunderbolt adapter back in September, and from other posts it’s Roon...etc

a case of TL;DR I guess.

Alex, and anyone else that might like to chime in.

I have an ER running optical from my Unifi SW24 SFP ports, Using FS.com modules. On the B side is a microRendu connected to a USB DAC (OPPO HA1 or Sonica) and this is fine for one setup. There is also an Allo USBridge that I have connected to the A side, and potentially a Roon ROCK core or Windows 10 Core or MacMini running Roon and god forbid a NAS too.

I'm considering an Allo USBridge Signature for a downstairs system and was wondering if I would be better to connect this optically to A side and move the ER to a wired port. I have a FS.com FMC that I could use on the ER A side optical port with a 15M fibre run to the other area. Optionally I also have a wired connection to the other area (Cat6) that I could use too on the A side.

lots of options...DAC on the USBridge will probably be Denafrips Ares II or Soekris DAM 1021 R2R's.