IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Isp Router connected to etherRegen, 8 port switch, Philips hue, netgear Access Point. 8 port Switch to Roon Server, TV, Shield TV and IKEA tradfri.  Netgear access point to other unrelated server and Microsoft Dock.

The etherRegen replaced a netgear 5 port switch which is not used now anymore.

Uptone 36 w power bricks for etherRegen, lps 1 powering microrendu, lps 1.2 powering ultraRendu, network power combo thing powering the chromecast audio.

Rebooting the Isp router seems to work for a while. 

5 hours ago, jcn3 said:

Can you put the Roon server and the Rendus all on the ER?

What kind of switch is the 8 port switch? How did you have the 8 port switch connected to the ER (what on what side)? (Most issues seem to be because of trying to put gigabit connections on the B side)

The 8 port switch is not connected to the ER, it is connected to the isp router. The ER is also connected to the isp router. 

I am reluctant to try to connect the Roon server to the ER, I prefer that it just works as it was. 

Powering the isp router off and on while keeping all the rest powered did restore all connections, it seems. Running for 12 hours now. 

12 hours ago, Superdad said:

Glad to hear you have it running steady now! :)

Had to reboot the isp router again because ultrarendu, microrendu and chromecast audio were lost agaiin, but still works 8 hours later. I left all other devices powered on by the way.

• 3 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, TwinPeak said:

Hi esmitat first startup, I couldn't "see" through the ER, meaning my WD NAS does not auto-load to the desktop on Mac Mini. And since Mini is "headless", I need to manually mount WD NAS via screen sharing from another Mac on the network. I installed ER according to UpTone specs, I think (see sketch). I thought that using WiFi were more harmful compared to a wired network connection...
Tom

To me, your drawing looks as if the Mac mini is connected to both the EtherRegen and to the switch. And the EtherRegen is also connected to the switch so the Mac mini looks twice connected. I think it should be connected to the EtherRegen only. And the isoregen of course.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

of course, the item missing from above, the isoRegen.

In my system adding the EtherRegen made clear that the ultraRendu sounded better without the isoRegen (powered with lps1.2). YMMV, and it was not always super clear so do experiment.

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
19 minutes ago, Gr8tful said:

Hey folks, it is a death struggle to get my ER to communicate every time I unplug it, or otherwise disconnect it from internet and then reconnect. Any tricks to get it to engage roon core? I’ve done every iteration of the power down, power up sequence Hokey Pokey I can think of.

As soon as it works I would not power down it again. Did you check if grounding it makes a difference? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 12:54 AM, Superdad said:

Wish I could say the same for our UltraCap supply; that bleeding-edge design had an abysmal 8% failure rate.

Extremely off topic, but was that mainly for the lps1.0 or also for the 1.2? I dare to ask as both are discontinued,but there is a second hand market.