IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

After reading this thread a bit more I see I probably have to set a static IP for my bridge  card 

I am finding  Jriver frequent disconnects from the Directstream/Bridge 2, (it was very stable previously and if it did disconnect, quitiing and relaunching app fixed the issue)

I’m using the ER connected to my Mac Pro 2013 tower using mac’s second Ethernet port.

if I unplug the power from the ER for a few seconds, Jriver finds the bridge card.

I have no other devices on the ER.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the new firmware running almost 9 hours with no interrupts.  I think its amazing this little hiccup lead to the discovery of PHY      changes.  I definitely heard something different and more alive when I got the ER back online.   Great work.  I wonder are there are some additional parameters that could lead to further refinement?

BTW I was not able to see the ER on my Mac.  Had to fire up an old pc to update the ER.

I don't go for all this nonsense about vibration control with the ER.......

Seriously though, I don't even want it in the same room as the stereo.  Though I'm running a longer ethernet cable, I prefer to keep the ER in the computer room (actually a Davinci color grading and editing suite) acoustically away and on another power circuit altogether (which has it's own basic power filter)

Regarding isolation control. I use 3" thick slabs of tiger maple as a top plate for modular active vibration units (like Halcyonics) under my turntable. 

For several years I've sat on extra pair of these wood/metal active platforms waiting to be assembled to go under my BHK 300 monoblocks.  Now that the ER has taken my system to another level, I'm now curious to try these pending tweaks, which will obviously be much more subtle improvement than the ER.