IGNORED

How to use toilet paper correctly.

2 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Never tried toilet paper for audiophile purposes.

There's simply no audiophile-quality toilet paper out there yet.  This may be a great new market niche for boutique accessory developers, if they can find a way to gather and analyze the requisite data.  One roll might make a great tunable port.  Multiple rolls could be assembled into a parameteric isolation stand.  And a case could be the next big thing in damping filler for speaker cabinets.

We're on a roll!!

image.png.64f1185b39b63dc7cc810734597b6727.png

These are mine. Just the originals.

They go via the outside to catch extra air.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

@PeterSt no wonder we have wildfires in California.  The utility PG&E must be using your design.

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 2004/HDPLEX 300W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 hours ago, STC said:

From Mark A Hall’s FB

AC26CA3C-9966-416A-83EB-F2F07B408B81.thumb.jpeg.96beefc955795cb4127271375c3b08bb.jpeg

Well, that’s one way to make sure that one never runs out of toilet paper! Move a roll to the loo when needed (just don’t forget to put it back before the next listening session). Ms. Enid Lumley would certainly applaud, but I think that the entire notion of elevated speaker cables is ridiculous. Somebody gave me a set of the ceramic ones for Christmas once. They did nothing...

However, I can recommend a “tweak” to Mr. Hall that will improve his sound. Get some sturdier speaker stands; hopefully the kind that one can fill with sand or shot. The ones in the picture look incredibly flimsy and precarious!

The person who thought of this must have an advanced degree in scatology, maybe even a doctorate in proctology as well.

George

8 minutes ago, k-man said:

Looks quite similar to @The Computer Audiophile's treated room. :D

Maybe Wilson treated his toilet too (I'm not sure whose toilet is on the photo) 9_9

As for hi end TP, it already exists.. Have your asses ever been in a contact with 22 carat gold, guys.? (sad news is that taking into account the price they will probably never be) :P

Most Expensive Toilet Paper in the World via imgbuddy.com

22-carat gold toilet paper

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Perfect for this toilet:

spacer.png

An interesting story. Toilets greatly inspire modern artists - the 'Fountain' urinal, a toilet entitled 'America'..

Blenheim Palace gold toilet theft 'like heist movie'

6 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Well, that’s one way to make sure that one never runs out of toilet paper! Move a roll to the loo when needed (just don’t forget to put it back before the next listening session). Ms. Enid Lumley would certainly applaud, but I think that the entire notion of elevated speaker cables is ridiculous. Somebody gave me a set of the ceramic ones for Christmas once. They did nothing...

However, I can recommend a “tweak” to Mr. Hall that will improve his sound. Get some sturdier speaker stands; hopefully the kind that one can fill with sand or shot. The ones in the picture look incredibly flimsy and precarious!

The person who thought of this must have an advanced degree in scatology, maybe even a doctorate in proctology as well.

Those who tried this should allow sufficient time for burn-in. Perhaps, used ones would have already broken in. 

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

Used ones lack the TP center tube, and probably wouldn’t support the weight of the speaker cable.

Wrong! Used ones will be firm. Please allow sufficient time to interact with the atmosphere. Depending on the humidity level, your part of the world would probably need more hours or days. I hope we all learned the importance of break-in by now. LOL! 

This thread made me think about Duchamp's 'Fountain' urinal I already mentioned (yes, I have lots of free time this weekend x-D:

Marcel_Duchamp%2C_1917%2C_Fountain%2C_photograph_by_Alfred_Stieglitz.jpg

The original 'Fountain' has been lost, yet Duchamp 'made' a number of replicas.. (wiki)

The prices for replicas, editions, or works that have some ephemeral trace of Duchamp reached its peak with the purchase of one of the eight 1964 replicas of Fountain.[61] 17 November 1999, a version of Fountain (owned by Arturo Schwarz) was sold at Sotheby's, New York, for $1,762,500 to Dimitris Daskalopoulos, who declared that Fountain represented 'the origin of contemporary art'. The price set a world record, at the time, for a work by Marcel Duchamp at public auction.[62][63] The record was surpassed in 2009 by his 1921 readymade Belle Haleine, Eau de Voilette, a perfume bottle in its box which sold for $11.4 million.[64]

San Francisco sculptor Clark Sorensen's urinals don't sell that expensive but IMO they are worth mentioning on this fantastic thread (sorry for going slightly OT):

75a0d5e0651ae6110ab32eee33671378.jpg

Image result for clark sorensen urinals"

My favorite one :)

Image result for clark sorensen urinals"