IGNORED

How to use toilet paper correctly.

STC

Been waiting for a thread like this for years but it wasn't meant to be about using TP to raise up speaker cables..  As for such a use of TP I would strongly recommend stacking 2 or 3 rolls of paper on top of one another - works much better (3D soundstaging improvement exceeds one's wildest expectations, no need for ambiophonics anymore).! 

(I won't mention the fact that at the same time you minimize in a very cheap and effective way the danger of unexpected running out of the crucial item..) 

x-D

31 minutes ago, STC said:

You haven’t seen my tweaks yet!

8918805C-8B55-46E7-BDCC-3188F7D62AAE.jpeg

I used them too (for minimizing the listening room floor resonances of course) ;)

Beware, too many can make the floor collapse though, happened to me on more than one occasion so finally I decided to buy 2 subwoofers, 60 kg each, work just as effective, were much more expensive though.. x-D

_DSC4164_1.JPG

I have more than 100 of them. They were from the electric co. They stopped using them when they replaced all the wires to twisted cables. Compared them with another cable lifter and I thought it really worked well Thought of selling them to audiophiles but then decided not to. They are rotting somewhere in my friends store. 

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Been waiting for a thread like this for years but it wasn't meant to be about using TP to raise up speaker cables..  As for such a use of TP I would strongly recommend stacking 2 or 3 rolls of paper on top of one another - works much better (3D soundstaging improvement exceeds one's wildest expectations, no need for ambiophonics anymore).! 

(I won't mention the fact that at the same time you minimize in a very cheap and effective way the danger of unexpected running out of the crucial item..) 

x-D

Seriously, I've tried different materials for speaker cable supports. Including paper, wood, glass, etc. I do not exclude that the imagination worked, but each material had its own characteristic influence on the sound: in different cases the sound acquired a light wooden or paper or glassy tint, etc.

21 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Seriously, I've tried different materials for speaker cable supports. Including paper, wood, glass, etc. I do not exclude that the imagination worked, but each material had its own characteristic influence on the sound: in different cases the sound acquired a light wooden or paper or glassy tint, etc.

Did you notice any difference in sound between regular paper supports and toilet paper ones.? 9_9

24 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Did you notice any difference in sound between regular paper supports and toilet paper ones.? 9_9

Never tried toilet paper for audiophile purposes. And wouldn't have, intuitively I was looking for something more dense/solid. I suppose certain hardwoods such as ebony, or glass/ceramics can suit better for the purpose. Anyway, for me it's in the past because my system has become much simpler and I'm looking somewhere else for ways to improve SQ, such as using linear power supplies at critical points or inclusion of NAA/switches into the system.

54 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Never tried toilet paper for audiophile purposes.

I'm slightly disappointed by your exclusion of toilet paper from the experiment ;)

Anyway if you heard right and:

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

each material had its own characteristic influence on the sound: in different cases the sound acquired a light wooden or paper or glassy tint, etc.

that could mean that the only way to get rid of these wooden, glassy colorations caused by different supports materials would be no using supports at all which would be easiest to achieve in weightlesness.. Hmmm, I really wonder - does music sound different when air molecules aren't burdened bu gravity and speaker cables have no support at all..? 9_9

Ps. I new this thread would have a 'HOT!' status sooner or later.! :D

I could see stacks of toilet paper—maybe on broom handles—being used as acoustic treatments in a room. x-D The very small toilet alcove in our master bathroom has much different acoustics when the rack in the corner is empty of the six rolls it holds when we refill it. 

Remember when toilet paper was available in colors?  One could have an acoustic wall’s worth spell out something with a few colored rolls mixed in. “MQA” perhaps? :P

6 minutes ago, Superdad said:

The very small toilet alcove in our master bathroom has much different acoustics when the rack in the corner is empty of the six rolls it holds when we refill it. 

Alex I see you're continuing to disclose more than any other audio designer.  Now we have to consider whether Charmin or Cottonelle works better.  I'd tell you what I use but then ... you know.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I think TP is best used for the little orifices in the rear.  For your bass. You know speaker ports.

Oh and btw, TP is the best oil filter for your car. Google it.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I can tell already, this is going to be another one of those 600 page threads.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 minutes ago, Superdad said:

No s**t man!

Yeah, the EtherREGEN launch has gone so well that I’m feeling pretty “flush” now. :P

Just now, Superdad said:

“Ass-reflex” designs?

I think kids call these (Super)dad jokes...

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull