IGNORED

HQP

shreekant

Hi Shreekant, I placed a post on the Phasure forum a while ago and suggest you look through that as a first step:

http://www.phasure.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=9ikkvso6qef76np3q2423s35u5&topic=3814.msg41580#msg41580

It's well worth the effort getting HQPlayer working with the NOS1 DAC. In my case, it allows me to use Roon, which I really like using in my office system as I'm working.

Let me know if you have any further questions. (I'm travelling for work quite a bit nowadays, so it may be a short while before I can get back to you.)

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Hi Mani,

thank you for the link. I have gone through the details, it is not clear to me whether the HQP has to be downloaded after removing the ramdisc ssd after loading & then download the HQP and store it in drive D.

At present I have the w10 with HQP and the NOS driver 1.04 which I insert in the comp, in the hope to play music from HQP through NOS. Is this alright?

Hi Mani. I tried to get it to work, but I’m not getting any sound output from the DAC. 

I have set the driver of the NOS1 TO 352.8, and I’ve done the same in the HQP settings as well. 

HQP settings are as follows:image.thumb.jpg.9fe351cff8e466784b9fd6c772bc05bd.jpg

HQP starts to play music, and I can see the Dac light blinking. As well. The timer in ROON is advancing. I tried my sons headphone Dac (an old asus xonar essence one) and the music is playing fine. 

If I go with your settings (WASAPI) I cant play anything from Roon or HQP. Roon keeps saying “lost connection to player” and HQP never plays anything if I play a file directly from it. 

I’m going to now try and install Windows 8.1 and try again. I read some people had luck with that. In the mean time, if you have any suggestions, that would be great! Thank you in advance. 

Shreekant, if you

a. Set the NOS1 with Switch#5 Up

b. Set the NOS1 Driver Control Panel to Stereo reduced (not 4 channel)

it is a most normal DAC, *not* anticipating dual wire.

One thing : ASIO is not supported (I see that selected in your screenhot).

So if it then is not working, it is outside of the problematics between HQP and the NOS1 (which both can work at 705.6/768 anyway).

You can also try Foobar first, to get more confidence in the DAC/Driver settings; if it works there (with WASAPI !) which is super easy, then if it does not work elsewhere, the cause must be that "elsewhere" (HQP, Roon, the combination of the both).

Only if you have this working with 352.8/384, start trying the Dual Wire with HQP.

18 hours ago, shreekant said:

I’m going to now try and install Windows 8.1 and try again. I read some people had luck with that.

Although theoretically you can be right, I don't think this is correct. Windows 8.1 has never been supported by XXHighEnd, hence no real experience will exist with it.

It would be correct that W10 has it quirks in this realm (what you are trying to accomplish), but the already passed links (also mine, elsewhere) to the Phasure forum cover that.

Best regards,

Peter

PS: Maybe try to check your screenshots for readability right after posting, so you can improve if necessary (but maybe your eyes are better then mine ? 😁

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)