IGNORED

Article: Qobuz Tugs on Superman's Cape, Makes Bold Move With Industry's Best Pricing

1 hour ago, rickca said:

The weird thing is that I haven't gotten an email from Qobuz about this promotion.  If Chris hadn't posted about it I wouldn't even know about it.  @dmackta please note.  I had a Qobuz account in France for several years.  The account was converted to a US subscription back in March this year.  I'm advising you of this because you may not be reaching all of your intended subscribers.

I got an email from Qobuz announcing the change about 3 hours after Chris posted. 

I'm guessing they will extend some kind of discount to more countries. But their prices are also dependent on the royalties they have to pay and the prices distributors determine for albums (yes, the distributors control the retail pricing and how much, if any, discount streaming services can give). 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

17 minutes ago, Sonicularity said:

In February 2018 I paid $249.99 for Qobuz Studio.  I changed my subscription to this new Studio Premier, which from all references appears to be identical to what I already was using but $100 cheaper.  I opted for the annual pay at $149.99, but I was pro-rated the difference in the remainder of my previous annual payment, making it $85 for another 12 months of service.

I hope this is right and I didn't downgrade.  Currently streaming a Qobuz track at 24/196, "Don't Keep Me Wondering" by The Allman Brothers Band with Roon.  So far so good.

I think you are fine, they did the same kind of thing with me. You are getting a year for $85 from the day of the change.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)