IGNORED

Article: Qobuz Tugs on Superman's Cape, Makes Bold Move With Industry's Best Pricing

I can't figure out how to sign up for Studio Premier.  I currently have an annual subscription to HiFi for $200 that expires in March 2020.

How do I switch to Studio Premier for $150 per annum (less a discount equal to the remaining value of my current Hifi subscription)?

Is this a response to Amazon or is there another service like Qobuz about to launch?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 minutes ago, rickca said:

I can't figure out how to sign up for Studio Premier.  I currently have an annual subscription to HiFi for $200 that expires in March 2020.

How do I switch to Studio Premier for $150 per annum (less a discount equal to the remaining value of my current Hifi subscription)?

Is this a response to Amazon or is there another service like Qobuz about to launch?

Did you read this - https://try.qobuz.com/faq-studio-premier/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, I read that.  I don't ask questions before I try to research something independently.

If you click on Get Studio Premier at the bottom of that link, you don't get directed to a place where you can switch from your current plan to Studio Premier.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Great news and good move from Qobuz, however I have a problem, I was a Sublime+ subscriber, expiring on Jan 29 2020

I decided to subscribe to Studio Premier as I really don't do purchases but only  streaming. The system allowed me to do so but my card was charged $149.

Now based on this page https://try.qobuz.com/faq-studio-premier/ it seems they should "discount" the remaining value of your subscription in my case almost 3 months and apply this to the new subscription therefore the charge should not have been the full subscription value of $149

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

never mind there is a statement

If you subscribe to Sublime+ for another 12-months at $249.99 before Nov.30, 2019, we will issue you a refund based on the value of your plan on the day you switched to the new price. Refunds will be issued starting Dec. 9, 2019.

Which basically confirms there will be a refund (one month from now)

Glad you wrote this, @The Computer Audiophile! I was about to post about this in the dedicated Qobuz thread.

Happily, given his promotion of Amazon's (inferior, IMO) lossless streaming, Neil said this about Qobuz's decision to drop MP3s: “Qobuz sounds great! Qobuz was one of the earliest Hi-Res streamers. Their new offer is another big step towards making Hi-Res streaming available at the same cost as MP3 streaming today.”

The thIng that puts me off the service is playlists and stations.

Amazon and Apple for a general music listening just seem to do this so much better.

Every time I try it it just seems very french and I just exit the door very quickly.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806