IGNORED

Catalina Music app to HQPlayer

If you are running HQPlayer on the same machine as Catalina Music app, just launch HQPlayer before you launch my app, then launch my app and accept the defaults. That's really all there is to it. The preference settings only become more complex if you're running HQPlayer on a different machine.

I've attached a complete manual to my iTunes app from which this is derived. The manual is a little out of date though.

iTunes - HQPlayer Server.pdf

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

I'm sorry; but I can't help you any further unless you can carry out the instructions I gave yesterday. In case I wasn't clear enough, here's what I need you to do:

1/ Go to your ~/Library folder. (That's the library folder under your account name, not your System library folder. You get to your Library folder by choosing "Go" from the Finder menu then "Go to Folder…" and enter "~/Library" in the box.

2/ Now you're in your Library folder, scroll down to see i there is a folder named "Scripts" in there. If there isn't create one and try running my app again.

3/ If there was already a folder named "Scripts" there should be a file named "Music HQPlayer Server.plist" in it.

If there is, please copy it and post it here so I can take a look at it.

Thanks

Hi Geoffrey, I did exactly what your directions stated in your first response and posted the .plist file.  So to recap, the "Music HQPlayer Server.plist" is in the correct folder on my computer.  Hope this helps.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>host</key>

<string>localhost</string>

<key>mapped</key>

<string>Not applicable</string>

<key>remotePath</key>

<key>shareName</key>

</dict>

</plist>

Thanks. There are three items missing from your .plist file…

1/ createTemps

2/ fileType

3/ launchHqplayer

4/ramSize

5/system

6/tempPerm

I need to figure out why these items appear to not be filled in for you.

You could trashing this .plist file, then launching my app and choosing values for each of these items and see if the result is any different.

Could you also zip the .plist file and post it here as an attachment? Then I'll be able to open it in xCode.

Please make sure you have HQPlayer running before you run my app.

Here is an example of what the .plist file should look like, when all the values correctly appear (of course the actual values will differ depending on how you set them).

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>createTemps</key>
    <string>Always</string>
    <key>fileType</key>
    <string>flac</string>
    <key>host</key>
    <string>192.168.1.130</string>
    <key>launchHqplayer</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>mapped</key>
    <key>ramSize</key>
    <string>No Ram disk</string>
    <key>remotePath</key>
    <string>d</string>
    <key>shareName</key>
    <string>Music</string>
    <key>system</key>
    <string>Windows</string>
    <key>tempPerm</key>
    <string>temporary</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi Geoffrey,

I have tried several times to generate a Music HQPlayer Server.plist

But nothing happens See attached picture. 

NO plist has been created by yr program on my client Mac mini on which HQplayer 4.2.1 and also Apple music is running too.

Please advice

Schermafbeelding 2019-11-18 om 15.34.53.png

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

The screenshot you've supplied appears to be from the System Library folder not your user Library folder.

Please choose Go -> Go to Folder… from the Finder menu, then type in: "~/Library" without the quotes.

When you're in your user Library folder you can drag it to the left pane of a finder window for easier access in the future.

Now see if there's a "Scripts" folder in your user Library folder. If there isn't create a new folder in there and name it "Scripts".

Finally try running my app again, then examine this Scripts folder for the .plist file.

Thanks.

No that's not correct is my normal Library folder.

The first one see please new screen copy. See black line

Schermafbeelding 2019-11-18 om 16.48.05.png

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

I am sorry  did not look well1098853237_Schermafbeelding2019-11-18om16_57_11.png.4bdd32207cb26179e4636f2a318f1dd0.png

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>host</key>
    <string>localhost</string>
    <key>mapped</key>
    <key>remotePath</key>
    <key>shareName</key>
</dict>
</plist>

That is your System Library which is at the top (root level) of your Hard Drive.

In your case you will need to type ~/Bibliotheek into the Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder… box

I could tell it was the system folder because that's where the folders in your previous screen shot are stored (Scripts/Color Sync…;etc.

Try opening the "Gebruikers" folder, then you'll see your user folder (with the icon of a house, as it's your home folder) then within that you'll find your personal library folder (Bibliotheek). That's the one you need to check. It is hidden by default, that's why it's easier to get to it from the Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder box, entering "~/Bibliotheek"

Obviously those commands will be different in Dutch.

I hope that helps|

Geoffrey,

Please see ealier mail have already found my mistake☹️. And I have sent my plist list also. 

Has to proceed now?

None of the values for the drop down menus are appearing in your plist. Warr had the same problem.

Please try choosing a value for each of those in the preferences for my app, rather than just accepting the defaults. Delete the .plist file in your lib folder before you do this and send me the new .plist file that gets created from choosing all the values manually.

Also make sure you click on OK to dismiss my dialog box. Only click on cancel if you don't want to run the app. And don't just let it time out.

Thanks

That's still not looking good. What you're getting is what I get if I hit the 'Cancel' button on my prefs dialog box. If I hit the 'OK" button I get all the correct values that will allow my app to run. As per my example .plist file above. Repeated here:

The values should just be taken as examples. Choose the values that apply to you in my Apps prefs dialog box, then hit the OK button.

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>createTemps</key>
    <string>Always</string>
    <key>fileType</key>
    <string>flac</string>
    <key>host</key>
    <string>192.168.1.130</string>
    <key>launchHqplayer</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>mapped</key>
    <key>ramSize</key>
    <string>No Ram disk</string>
    <key>remotePath</key>
    <string>d</string>
    <key>shareName</key>
    <string>Music</string>
    <key>system</key>
    <string>Windows</string>
    <key>tempPerm</key>
    <string>temporary</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I hit alway the OK - button be sure. As soon I am doing this next message appears.

Strange 😧

Schermafbeelding 2019-11-18 om 17.48.36.png

Ok tomorrow afternoon I Will try