IGNORED

Tidal on allo devices?

Tucker

Have tried MyVolumio with tidal but was not satisfied with the graphic userinterface, nor the pricing..

Are there other ways to have Tidal on a Allo device without using a separate physical server(minim or others). The server working with Tidal have be on the image or a plugin to the image on allo device, just like MyVolumio.

Can someone point me to an idiotguide how to do this. Or write one here. I have googled and havent found anyone yet.  

Why not just use Tidal app on your phone/tablet for streaming to Google Chromecast Audio device attached to your DAC? The only downside is that there are some issues with streaming 24/192 tracks since CCA only officially supports up to 24/96 streams. Alternatively, BubbleUPnP player app also has Tidal integrated and can be used to stream it to any standard DLNA/UPnP renderer, including Allo transports.

If you insist on having everything integrated into single unified GUI running on the Allo transport itself, then I am not aware of such solution.

10 hours ago, Tucker said:

Have tried MyVolumio with tidal but was not satisfied with the graphic userinterface, nor the pricing..

Are there other ways to have Tidal on a Allo device without using a separate physical server(minim or others). The server working with Tidal have be on the image or a plugin to the image on allo device, just like MyVolumio.

Can someone point me to an idiotguide how to do this. Or write one here. I have googled and havent found anyone yet.  

Yes, upmpdcli (https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/) offers, among others, Tidal and Qobuz integration. I have used it under Raspbian Lite for meanwhile four years and it is lightweight, reliable and very well supported. No need to use the awkward web interfaces of Volumio, DietPi or any other audiophile distribution. Just install plain Raspbian Lite and turn off bluetooth, HDMI and, if you do not need wired Ethernet, the USB bus. This brings the consumption of an RPi3 B down to about 200mA and the total load of RPi3 B + DigiOne Signature down to about 300mA.   

On 11/2/2019 at 11:26 PM, nbpf said:

Yes, upmpdcli (https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/) offers, among others, Tidal and Qobuz integration. I have used it under Raspbian Lite for meanwhile four years and it is lightweight, reliable and very well supported. No need to use the awkward web interfaces of Volumio, DietPi or any other audiophile distribution. Just install plain Raspbian Lite and turn off bluetooth, HDMI and, if you do not need wired Ethernet, the USB bus. This brings the consumption of an RPi3 B down to about 200mA and the total load of RPi3 B + DigiOne Signature down to about 300mA.   

How to turn off HDMI and bluetooth? 

Thanks in advance.

picoreplayer (pcp) runs a version of slimserver (old Logitech stuff).  Slimserver supports tidal playback.

While pcp needs a server, the server can run on the same pi, so it doesn't need a separate machine running anything.  pcp will set it up for you to make it easy. 

You may not like the slimserver tidal interface, personal preferences here, its been a while since I used it and I don't remember it very well.

The other ways I know of to run tidal without extra HW requires minimserver or something similar.

I suppose you could setup your playback device to support airplay, and then it will show up if you use an iphone/ipad for the user interface.  Dietpi has this software installed, so if you run the allo dietpi image, I think it will just work.  I think it will show up as dietpi when you look for playback devices in airplay.

If interested, I can try to provide more info.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:14 AM, Tucker said:

Which Allo Device? 

What are your planned control points?

Do you have locally stored music?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tucker said:

Hi

Its Allo DigiOne Signature, control point android smartphone - also nice if possible to control via apple macbook and ipad.

No locally stored music - only tidal and if possible internet radio stations.

upmpdcli (https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/) gives you access to Tidal, Qobuz, internet radio and more. Control via Bubble UPnP app, Linn Kazoo, Lumin app, etc. Installing and setting up upmpdcli is very straightforward. No need to faff around with awkward web interfaces. A dedicated headless RPi 3B+ (with HDMI, bluetooth, USB bus, internal audio card and Ethernet switched off) running MPD and upmpdcli and hosting a DigiOne Signature will typically consume less than 300 mA.