IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

5 minutes ago, FredM said:

That’s very interesting! To understand you correctly, please elaborate on your finding:

a) is the EtherREGEN better than the JCAT Net? (A vs B comparison) or..

b) does the EtherREGEN make the JCAT Net redundant (no benefit from JCAT Net with the ER in the chain)

c) ..?

Case (b) would be a stunning result/achievement!

Fred, I'm reluctant to say one is better (and I've never enjoyed spending a lot of time doing A/B comparisons).  I can say that I am and will continue to use both, and that as of today, I only need one of the ports on the JCAT card.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Wow, we are getting into rarified territory here!  The MSB web page shows the Select DAC starting at about $84K, plus $20K+ of available power supplies and other upgrades, including the $2K Ethernet input module.  And our humble $640 EtherREGEN was immediately an improvement for you?  Nice! B| 

@Superdad it sound like the ER is a real winner have you considered sending an ER to Stereophile or/ and 6moons for review? Maybe after John finish his paper and measurements.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

18 hours ago, soares said:

Finally. Just the first 5 minutes. 
Literally jaw dropping...

cisco 2960 > (fiber) oM > (copper) uR

I am in heaven! 

Thank you Alex and John.

Will report after the weekend.

Cheers Jorge

Opps, it was very late in the evening and I forgot to include the main actor. 😱
So, again:

cisco 2960 > (fiber) > oM > (copper) > eR > (copper) > uR

Sorry guys!!!

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

27 minutes ago, soares said:

Confirmed, at least in my system. The oM improves the SQ of eR. I am just using a Jameco and immediately you see a jump in what concerns SQ. So I will keep my oM. Will try as soon as possible a fiber connection between the two.

if you think the OM is good with the Jameco, ya gotta try it with the Uptone Audio LPS-1.2. The LPS-1.2 takes it to another level altogether. 

Digital: Mac Mini/Roon Core/Optical Module->long run of fiber->EtherREGEN->SOtM UltraNeo->Schiit Gumby DAC. Shunyata Sigma Ethernet/Alpha USB Amplification: First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 preamp, LP70S amp Speakers: Harbeth 30.2/Power/Cables: Shunyata Everest 8000, Shunyata Sigma XC and NR, Alpha XC and NR, & Venom 14 Digital PCs, Alpha V2 ICs and SPs.  

9 minutes ago, dminches said:

While one can play the music lower because of this, I am finding that I want to play the music louder because it is that more pleasing and there is zero fatigue.

I'm finding the same thing.  And my speakers like the extra volume, which provides greater resolution.  Overall, there is quite an increase in resolution.  Currently I'm keying in on wonderful tone and the spatial cues about the recording venue.  You can "see" the space.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

1 hour ago, soares said:

I know from experience but no money. My ‘old’ LPS 1.2 is feeding my iR after the uR... 🙂

If I may add to my previous preliminary comments is that eR facilitates the evaluations of your tweets. What usually used to take hours or even days you feel immediately what sounds better. So what I can say now is that the SQ using a iR after the uR the later one fed by LPS 1.2 and the oM fed by a Jameco is better then the oM fed by a LPS 1.2 without the iR. I am using the same sbooster on the uR in both situations. So the iR is to keep. I tried also to connect by Ethernet to the oppo 205 with the eR but while I felt a SQ improvement, it is far better to use the usb input with oM, uR and iR.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

15 hours ago, Darryl R said:

Fred, I'm reluctant to say one is better (and I've never enjoyed spending a lot of time doing A/B comparisons).  I can say that I am and will continue to use both, and that as of today, I only need one of the ports on the JCAT card.

I wanted to add to my response to Fred another thought, that if the industry assimilates the JS moat concept, perhaps the two could combine into a REGEN card.  But right now, you can use both.  That said, the post below may imply you can jettison the JCAT and use a plain motherboard port.