IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

On 9/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, jas said:

I share no equipment with your system so my remarks have to be limited, with the exception of the Emotiva. If you haven't already, you might try as I did with success, removing it to test the problem area without it. I can't say it specifically improved high frequency edge you're hearing, but it did improve the ease and naturalness in my system of the high frequency reproduction overall. I was always curious if I could identify which piece of equipment removing the Emotiva affected the most, if any, but liked the improvement too much to go back. I moved on to a Topaz Isolation Transformer and didn't look back.

That's interesting. It improved greatly the Schiit Vidar monoblocks I had previously. It killed serious transformer hum. I did move it in and out and had the same experience as you, overall improvement in ease and naturalness. The improvement wasn't as extreme as replacing power cords. Power cords seem to be very idiosyncratic, the emotiva is more across the board. I've been eyeballing isolation transformers, sweet man!