IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

3 hours ago, Bernie said:

Thanks for the input, if the difference with a good LPS is as big as with the ER (or only half of it) I will definitly add one.

Hi Bernie 

Make sense to me also but I really doubt ever subjective "50% improvement" else uptone can offer and have new business case for "super ER" at usd1k instead .. at least the designer cum mfgr already declared upfront little if at all any positive impact above included smps.

Here 50% improvement, there 100% improvement ... and soon 1000% better system sounds illogical but this hobby is on whatever floats your rocks 😅

Cheers.

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

Btw, my new Audible Illusion L3B tube preamp arrived yesterday to replace the previous L3A blackgate and sound quality improvement even without recommended 40 hrs is much more than all the lps psu, dedicated 20A/30A AC lines, zonotone shupreme powercords or ethernet/usb cabling that I had installed or upgraded in the last 6 months.

This affected not only streaming music but music files in ssd of Antipodes, cd via cdp and fm radio from tuner.

Looking forward to find out how pending ER in Feb 2021 will further improve the sound quality of my setup for streaming music as again like new equipment of L3B or in this case, previous untried equipment and also technology.

Cheers.

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

Is the following scenario supported by the EtherREGEN?

1) 1 DAC with Ethernet input

2) 1 DAC with USB input connected by a microRendu powered by UltraCap LPS 1.2

3) Both DACs connected to a preamp

Is it possible for a single EtherREGEN to provide Ethernet input to both DACs? Is there some sort of splitter or some other means to connect both DACs with the EtherGEGEN's output?

13 minutes ago, yyz said:

Is the following scenario supported by the EtherREGEN?

1) 1 DAC with Ethernet input

2) 1 DAC with USB input connected by a microRendu powered by UltraCap LPS 1.2

3) Both DACs connected to a preamp

Is it possible for a single EtherREGEN to provide Ethernet input to both DACs? Is there some sort of splitter or some other means to connect both DACs with the EtherGEGEN's output?

Hi YZ in Santa Barbara. May I suggest you look at the pictures of the EtherRegen? It has one RJ45 outlet in one side, and four of them in the other side. So yes. With the caveat on potential grounding extra step you can read in the very short user manual: EtherREGEN_User_Guide.pdf?90

3 minutes ago, thyname said:

Hi YZ in Santa Barbara. May I suggest you look at the pictures of the EtherRegen? It has one RJ45 outlet in one side, and four of them in the other side. So yes. With the caveat on potential grounding extra step you can read in the very short user manual: EtherREGEN_User_Guide.pdf?90

Well I did see that and I also saw the statement by UpTone that A > B is preferred over B > A. Do you any knowledge on the product to clarify that statement regarding my use case? I was hoping to hear from someone from UpTone on this since they follow these threads.

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie meddling with a network switch, let alone an audiophile network switch. After reading so much positive news regarding network switches bring to the respective systems, I have decided to join in the fun by acquiring a used Uptone Ether Regen (eR).

Upon installing the eR(generic PC & onto my system, I realised that I don’t seem to detect any audible difference. Is it me or is there anything wrong with my installation/settings?

Appreciate any forms of help and advice. Thank you.

symon L.

APPLE Mac Mini | HUAWEI S5700 Dual OCXO Network Switch | SONORE opticalRENDU | SINGXER SU-6 | HOLO AUDIO MAY L3 | CLASSÉ CAP-80 | RAIDHO X-1

DENON DP-300F + NAGAOKA MP-110 • NAIM Muso QB • YAMAHA YSP-2700

APPLE MacBook Pro | TOPPING 10s | KINKI STUDIO THR-1 | HIFIMAN Arya

I'm assuming the ER is placed before the computer and, since computers are a huge source of noise, this isn't going to do you any good. You need a dedicated low noise streamer (such as a microRendu or similar) on the clean side of the ER and use the computer only as a controller on the dirty side.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

5 hours ago, MartinT said:

@R1200CL: Yes, the DAC is MH-DA002, I made a typo error in my signature. As for the Mac mini LPS direction, it is in the pipeline. 

@MartinT: Thanks for pointing out the DAC. By the way, when you mentioned that I should have a streamer on the clean side of the eR, what if I am not planning to get any streamer and will a reclocker after the eR helps? Lastly, since you have both the Mutec MC-3+ and the affordable BG7TBL, may I know if you have tried replacing the MC-3+ with the BG7TBL, what are the sonic differences between the 2? 

APPLE Mac Mini | HUAWEI S5700 Dual OCXO Network Switch | SONORE opticalRENDU | SINGXER SU-6 | HOLO AUDIO MAY L3 | CLASSÉ CAP-80 | RAIDHO X-1

34 minutes ago, xllms said:

I am not planning to get any streamer

So you are currently using a general purpose laptop / computer as a streamer? Computer—-> USB cable —-> DAC? If so, I am afraid the EtherRegen will not do much for you, if anything.

My suggestion is to get a dedicated streamer, then try EtherRegen in “supplying” Ethernet to it.

@R1200CL @thyname thanks for sharing.

@Superdad thanks for sharing regarding your concern on the iTube. Greatly appreciate your input despite supposedly on “vacation”. 

This exploration is fun! 😁 Looks like my original plan of getting the Lumin U1 streamer cannot be shelved for too long!

1 hour ago, xllms said:

@R1200CL @thyname thanks for sharing.

@Superdad thanks for sharing regarding your concern on the iTube. Greatly appreciate your input despite supposedly on “vacation”. 

This exploration is fun! 😁 Looks like my original plan of getting the Lumin U1 streamer cannot be shelved for too long!

Hi xllms,

You can sell me your ER while I wait for late Jan 2021 shipment or you can take the Nuprime Omnia S1 media server off me listed at Carousell Singapore .. haha !

Cheers.

Richard

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi xllms,

You can sell me your ER while I wait for late Jan 2021 shipment or you can take the Nuprime Omnia S1 media server off me listed at Carousell Singapore .. haha !

Cheers.

Richard

Richard,

thanks for suggestion, I actually don’t mind this idea of selling you the eR, except that I am not in SG due to the current pandemic which makes traveling quite inconvenient. :P

symon L

4 hours ago, xllms said:

Richard,

thanks for suggestion, I actually don’t mind this idea of selling you the eR, except that I am not in SG due to the current pandemic which makes traveling quite inconvenient. :P

symon L

Hi Symon,

Sorry for the bad jokes especially since no interest in my Nuprime Omnia S1 at almost 30% off but more seriously, you will have no trouble selling your previously used ER .. was looking for one in Singapore without success for quite many months before ordering new.

Cheers and hope you get to be back to our little but encompassing red dot of Singapore soon :)

Richard

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Symon,

Sorry for the bad jokes especially since no interest in my Nuprime Omnia S1 at almost 30% off but more seriously, you will have no trouble selling your previously used ER .. was looking for one in Singapore without success for quite many months before ordering new.

Cheers and hope you get to be back to our little but encompassing red dot of Singapore soon :)

Richard

No worries, Richard. Indeed, am looking forward to return back to the tiny red dot for various reasons. For audio reasons, I would love to be back to get the Plixir BAC for my system and pay Vinshine Audio a visit to listen to the Denafrips T+ & Gaia with the Kinki Audio Amps. 

symon

Although I have yet to test out without the iTube, I have chanced upon a used Sonore Signature Rendu SE at a fairly good price which I am considering. If I am to use the Signature Rendu SE, where do I slot this in my chain? 

fibre optics cable (service provider) -> service provider dedicated router -> cat7 network cable -> eR -> cat7 network cable -> signature renduSE -> USB cable -> DAC -> int. amp -> speakers

Is the above correct? Where does the Mac mini source go to?

Thank you

symon

13 hours ago, MartinT said:

Yes, that looks right.  The Mac can connect to either the service provider's router or the EtherREGEN 'A' side.  Preferably the former to keep it far away from the delicate audio electronics.

Being a user of an ultraRendu with supercap PSU, I know you're going to love the sound quality uplift!

Thank you @MartinT

Does anyone know if there will be any sonic difference between the signature rendu SE optical and non-optical version?

Happy New Year everyone! Wish everyone here a great year ahead and have plenty of fun exploring music, audio equipment and sharing of knowledge. 

symon