IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

1 hour ago, Darryl R said:

I had been running from bridged JCAT Net ... Now I'm running out the EtherREGEN ... I'll no longer need the bridge.

That’s very interesting! To understand you correctly, please elaborate on your finding:

a) is the EtherREGEN better than the JCAT Net? (A vs B comparison) or..

b) does the EtherREGEN make the JCAT Net redundant (no benefit from JCAT Net with the ER in the chain)

c) ..?

Case (b) would be a stunning result/achievement!

When the EtherREGEN is directly connected with the streamer/endpoint, does the EtherREGEN diminishes the need for a high quality server? 

Has someone tried the EtherREGEN on different (Roon)servers? Example (Roon)server comparisons:

- Standard NAS vs AudioLinux NUC

- Roon Rock NUC vs Custom build server (ie AudioLinux, ECC memory, LPSU)

- etc, go get the idea

ie, impact on adding the EtherREGEN (with a fictive ‘score’)

Roon Rock => streamer :  60

Roon Rock => ER => streamer :  90

Custom build => streamer :  80

Custom build => ER => streamer :  95

When the need for a high quality server is diminished, the EtherREGEN could reset priorities upstream (ie ER and streamer would have priority).

5 hours ago, Cable Monkey said:

Are we getting carried away here? I see improvements in a system as being cumulative, so talk of reducing quality or effort elsewhere in your systems is probably misplaced in my view.

I understand it’s all cumulative, but I wonder if front-end priorities are changing now that clocked switches appeared on stage (especially the EtherREGEN).

Suppose a budget of ‘10 tokens’, where to invest for the best bang for buck? In other words, is the order of importance changing upstream? (hope this better explains the question).