IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Maybe dCS will want to offer EtherREGEN to go with their components. Of course they would need to put it in a fancy box and multiply the price a few times...x-D

Here’s a thought! How about designing a DAC streamer utilising the best parts of the etherREGEN and ISO REGEN? No fancy box, <$3000-$4000. dCS killer :)

• 2 weeks later...

“The internal power network in the switch will be extremely good, the result is that there should be no advantage to using an LPS-1.2.“

That was JS’s quote from last year in the original post. I believe that is why @BigAlMc was surprised at his own findings.

For others without a spare LPS 1.2, I would hesitate recommending one for an extra $435 and follow the manufacturer’s recommendation.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Superdad said:

He mostly used the EtherREGEN in the B>A direction so that he could get fiber to his server.

I thought from his post that he kept things on the A side (A >SFP), did I mis-read?

36 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Our $640 device came out just below the approximately $6,800 set-up of the Telegartner MFP8 Gold II RJ45-M12 copper cable -> Telegartner GOLD M12 switch -> Telegartner MFP8 Gold II M12-RJ45 copper cable. That works for me! :D

Remember your own blurb: " Its components and topology are unmatched by any other Ethernet switch." ¬¬