IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

I have the Etherregen on order. I had some questions on trying to minimize system noise as much as possible. Since I have cable internet (Not DSL), is the actual Coaxial cable that comes out from the wall and goes into the cable modem  a source of noise itself? Are any filters Coaxial filters recommended by anyone to further lower incoming noise? Thank you 

Any recommendations to mitigate incoming noise from the Coax RF cable that goes into the cable modem? I’ve tried a RF cable isolator and is has helped. My question is are there better RF isolators? Can you use multiples in a chain for further improvement? My goal is to lower the incoming noise as much as possible from the coax RF cable from the cable company.

Thanks for that clarification John. For me it works fully and it clearly makes a difference along with Etherregen in the chain. I can see how a bad ground can mess with everything and the isolator takes care of the issue. I have Spectrum internet. Did a speed test and it is the same or better now. Picture quality of streaming video improved as well. This is the isolator (link below). The great part of this adapter design is you don’t need an extra coax cable.

TII 220 Ground Loop Isolator for Cable TV applications https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070Q6URO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KnFuFb8BPSEK4

• 3 weeks later...

Just to share my experience with the Etherregen getting too hot, today I rearranged the Ethernet cables so they are not near the dc power cable of the Etherregen and also away from any other power cables. What happened is now the Etherregen is running much cooler. This tells me the network cables can pick up noise from nearby power cables and cause jitter and so the Etherregen has to work extra hard to reduce the jitter and why the switch gets so hot at times. Your experience might be different.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...