IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

I have the A side of ER connected to my WiFi Router and the B side to my bridge/streamer (SOtM SMS-200 Ultra Neo). 

Everything on the system (even the LPS for the Router and the ER) is connected to an Audioquest Niagara 1200, wich is on a AC dedicated line. 

I've tried connecting the ground of the ER to a free ground on the Niagara and it added some noise, like static. So, I disconnected it. 

Has anyone had a similar experience? 

• 3 months later...

Hello guys

I own the ER and Im very very pleased with it.

I dont follow closely this thread and I dont know the links created here for gadgets or other digital complements for the digital rig, so I will post it here. 

I cannot recomend enough the Ubiquiti X-SFP Router. Its an incredible upgrade for the price. I placed it between a wireless modem and the ER. Then from the Ubiquiti I run an extra Ethernet cable for the WiFi end point. Just incredible! 

My music digital rig is:

Wireless Modem 

Ubiquiti 

ER

SOtM SMS-200 Ultra Neo 

Audio-gd DI-20 (digital converter) 

Audio-gd R8 DAC 

I couldnt be happier. Ive heard systems costing many time mine with out being close (of course they didnt have all the digital conditioning). 

Who ever says that digital are just ones and zeros and nothing else, has no idea about how important digital conditioning is. Just non sense

On 7/17/2020 at 12:28 PM, MichaelHiFi said:

So now if I understand you correctly, if I replace my Dlink network switch (which sits alongside the ER and feeds other network devices) with a Ubiquiti router, take the CAT6 long run from my TP-Link router and plug it into the Ubiquiti, then feed the ER with a CATx from the Ubiquiti, I should realize another bump in performance?

You have to take the TP Link WiFi Router out of the path to the ER. 

What I have is:

Wireless Modem > Ubiquiti > A side of the ER

From the B si de of the ER I take an Ethernet cable to my SOtM SMS-200 Ultra Neo, wich works as Audinirvana+ end point, and from it to my DDC an then to the DAC. 

Then, from another port of the Ubiquiti I took another Ethernet cable to a WiFi Router (placed away from the system). 

I also tried a Cisco Gigabite Switch but it made no difference (I had then the WiFi Router in the path to the ER). 

Consider that the Ubiquiti needs configuration. Its not a plug and play device as a switch. 

But it makes a BIG difference, maybe bigger than the ER to me. 

4 hours ago, MichaelHiFi said:

If the TP Link is a WiFi Router (as I assume), yes, you have to take it out of the way and use it (and configure it) as a WiFi access point, "at the end of the line", not in between. 

The only output of the wireless modem goes to the Ubiquiti and, from it, you take two outputs, one to the ER and another one to the TP Link used as WiFi access point. 

If you cannot configure the TP Link as WiFi access point (as it was my case because it was blocked by the Internet company), you can get a WiFi Router for a few bucks and configure it. 

To make all of this work, you need to know about home networks. In my case, a friend tech guy did it for me.