IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

I have ordered an EtherREGEN to use with the following headphone-based audio system.

Euphony PTS music server => Wyred-4-Sound 2v2se 10th Anniversary Limited Edition DAC => Niimbus US4+ headphone amplifier => Susvara headphones.

I am using a USB cable to connect the Euphony PTS unit to my DAC and I have a W4S Recovery Unit (reclocker) between the music server and my DAC. Should I still keep that reclocker in place when I use the EtherREGEN upstream from my music server? Are there potential advantages/disadvantages?

Jeff.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Hi Jeff:

Thank you again for your order!

If you enjoy your W4S Recovery in the chain now there is no need to remove it. The one consideration I can think of is with in regards to what power supply you are using for the Recovery unit. If it is their stock wall-wart or some other supply not shared with anything else then that is fine. You just don’t want to be powering it with a supply having -VE/0-volt (“ground”) outputs common to anything upstream (on the ‘A’ side) or the EtherREGEN, as doing so would defeat our special isolation moat.

Thank you for your prompt response. I am powering the W4S Recovery with a Keces P3 LPS and I am also using my Keces P3 to power my Euphony PTS music server. I presume that is still OK if I power the EtherREGEN with your stock power supply unit. If not, I could use the W4S Recovery unit's own power supply. Could I then use the Keces P3 unit to power the Euphony PTS music server and your EtherREGEN unit or should I preferably power the EthereREGEN unit with its own stock power supply and only use the Keces P3 unit to power the Euphony PTS server?

Jeff.