IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lucie said:

I would be very interested as he reviewed other audiophile switches (Aqvox and Sotm) earlier.

Indeed, that's why it would be valuable for us and he is a very, very independent reviewer too, and reviewed more Uptone products in the past. So no hurdle for Superdad too, I think.

• 5 months later...

Recently I bought a relatively cheap Yamaha Network player, the NPS-303 for about 300 euro, primarily to add some easy to connect internet radio stations for my wife. Normally I use the ultraRendu connected to my Chord Qutest DAC. I connected the the Yamaha with spdif coax digital out to my Qutest DAC too. To my surprise I could not hear a difference between the ultraRendu and the Yamaha, so I sold my ultraRendu asap to keep things as simple as possible. I guess the ER has to do with it (some redundancy with the ultraRendu?), so the ER is a money-saver too. Do others have the same experience?

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Bernie said:

it is the new iPower X, but the difference is indeed very small (compared to what the ER is doing). But if you read through all discussions regarding PS for the Etherregen there is no final conclusion if any PS is better. Some say Keces P3 or P8 is better, some say the original SMPS is better than these, some say the Farad 3 is the best, some others are not sure if it is really better or more different.

If the differences via different PS are so minor then I will skip this option and stick with the ifi.

Agree, and Superdad was telling us from the beginning: it doesn’t make a lot of difference in sound quality. I have the same ifi iPower  x too. The Farad 3 could be best, but to expensive in my opinion, so I am happy with a little bit better.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I think this is not the place to promote competitors' equipment. Please start your own tread outside Uptone’s forum. 

True, if that is my intention, but it isn’t. Just wonder if someone have had a listen to it.

• 8 months later...