IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

EtherReGen in the house yesterday and streaming all night and day.

Sounds sweet juiced with Farad3 from the "Tower of Power"rack I built for the blessed arrival. 

After a few days streaming, I will try to compare optical vs. PI Audio cryo-ed ethernet cable currently in play--which sounds excellent.

734CD17C-BB7F-4B97-8DF3-8EDF21C29E16.jpeg

Just a wild guess... are you a Farad fan? 😂😉

2 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...a recent convert. They sound terrific. They look mint. Useful options. And Mattijs is very responsive. What's not to like? OK, well maybe a dedicated rack is over the top, but I thought you folks would understand. 

I know I know, just a joke.

Is that a Mapleshade Samson rack on the right?

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, yyz said:

Is the following scenario supported by the EtherREGEN?

1) 1 DAC with Ethernet input

2) 1 DAC with USB input connected by a microRendu powered by UltraCap LPS 1.2

3) Both DACs connected to a preamp

Is it possible for a single EtherREGEN to provide Ethernet input to both DACs? Is there some sort of splitter or some other means to connect both DACs with the EtherGEGEN's output?

Hi YZ in Santa Barbara. May I suggest you look at the pictures of the EtherRegen? It has one RJ45 outlet in one side, and four of them in the other side. So yes. With the caveat on potential grounding extra step you can read in the very short user manual: EtherREGEN_User_Guide.pdf?90

34 minutes ago, xllms said:

I am not planning to get any streamer

So you are currently using a general purpose laptop / computer as a streamer? Computer—-> USB cable —-> DAC? If so, I am afraid the EtherRegen will not do much for you, if anything.

My suggestion is to get a dedicated streamer, then try EtherRegen in “supplying” Ethernet to it.

• 2 months later...