IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

47 minutes ago, matthias said:

Thanks for sharing.

It is interesting that Emile from Taiko Audio also disliked the ER when configured A-B or B-A.

He found the ER best sounding when everything was connected to the A-side.

Did you try this configuration?

BTW, send you PM.

Thanks

Matt

Didn’t try all A side yet. Will add this to my todo list. I read about that somewhere and should have tried but forgot. 

1 hour ago, Johnnydev said:

Have you tried the ER without the SOTM dcbl cat7 and without the SOTM dcbl cat6 lan isolator?

I obtained the best result without these cables.

What I have kept is the 50 cm black, gray and dark gray cables of 50 cm from the SOTM dcbl cat6 SE version to tune with very good results.

I use the SOTM black and dark grey in combination with diy SUPRA cat8 and monoprice cat8 and have sold the SOTM dcbl cat 7 and the SOTM dcbl cat6 lan isolator. I have also sold the audioquest cinnamon, carbon and the Vodka

Yes I tried without the SoTM cables but I only have Ghent, Blue Jean, Supra and other SoTM ethernet cables at hand. No higher end ones. Didn’t seem to help enough. 

On 2/8/2020 at 8:10 AM, tapatrick said:

Thanks for an interesting report @flkin. I find the ER applies a magnifying glass to every aspect of sound quality exposing any flaws in recording quality. I'm curious which power supplies you used with your ER? I have settled on a Ciunas Supercaps 7.5v supply which really helps with a smoother treble. As always system dependent...

I used the sPS-500 through a HPULN 5A cleaner, and a Gophert CPS-1610 II through double HPULN 1.5A. Also a 30W, 9V zerozone. And the including switching unit. 
No configurations managed to tame the treble. Within my specific system.