IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

Hi all,

In the January batch of shipments but just wondered about a few things. 

‘First my system is as simple as it gets. Supra Ethernet from a Xfinity modem/router directly into a Cary DMS. Streamer/dac.  Streaming Qobuz/Tidal sounds great about 95 percent of local usb attached files and 90 percent of the integrated SD card player in the Cary.

I am building a dedicated room and am integrating a HT in with my 2 channel. New 85 inch Sony 4K and an Atmos system.  How is the video side benefiting from the ER?  How is it integrated into the system?

sorry for my ignorance but have always been on the streamer/dac side without a computer. Did try a Mac Mini system once but to complicated.

Thanks for the guidance,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

• 1 month later...

+1 on Marseilles. 

I have had my ER in my system for 3 days   Xfinity modem/router >ER>Cary DMS 600 >Odyssey Kismet Extreme Monos. Ethernet cables are Supra and I did swap out the stockPC for a Audience Au24Se cable I had laying around 

Simple  as it gets and I wondered if I would benefit as much as the computer gang 

Wow. Everything has already been said. Texture and low level detail. I swear I can hear the note on a few songs with horns actually moving out from the instrument.  I wish I could explain better. My new listening room will be ready in 6 weeks or so and can’t wait to hear it in a  29X18x10 room with a swarm sub system and an Isomax wall system. Going to real treat listening to the ER in a  proper room

Already satisfied so any more improvement is icing on the cake!!

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

7 hours ago, so-no-mah said:

For me, after introducing the Ether REGEN between my router and my Roon Nucleus+ with internal SSD holding my music library, I have become agnostic as to whether I play tracks from Tidal or the SSD.... 

I have the same findings. In fact it may be surpassing the local files played off an attached 1 tb hdd usb attached hard drive to my Cary DMS 600

if I attached the usb hdd to a router and then to the ER would I get the same benefit as the streamed files from Tidal? Sorry for my ignorance. 

Russ