IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

3 hours ago, Crimmind said:

Thanks for your reply. Do you use ER ground screw when connected to Hdplex. I'm a little worried about breaking the galvanic isolation when using ER to Hdplex if not using the ground screw. I guess a have to try and figure it out when I receive my ER this week. 

I can't hear any difference with or without the ground attached so removed it.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

27 minutes ago, Dutch said:

it can’t be true that the etherREGEN will make upstream stuff matter less

There are many that anticipated that this would be true.

Maybe we should say that the etherregen removes a weak link in the chain, revealing  weaker links on both the 'A' and 'B' sides. When those remaining weak links are strengthened the impact is easier to hear.

10 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I guess you have to be on the other side to see the irony of this statement, Alex. What distinguishes scientific curiosity is the method of validating the proposed theories, not the invention of new ones. An 11th century court magician would say that the 21st century scientists lack "intellectual curiosity" since they refuse to try magic.

I'm available to respond to follow-ups on ASR, or on another general thread here, on AS since this is OT here.

To be fair to Alex, he used the phrase "intellectual curiosity" not "scientific curiosity". As you say, they have different meanings.  Do you mean to disparage intellectual curiosity?