IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

On 11/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, Jud said:

More stuff to listen to with the ER:

Sean Rowe, The Drive, from the album Madman. 

Leonard Cohen, Old Ideas, especially Amen, where the bass is a physical thing.

Edit: And you might also try Juniper Arms, from Adam Torres’ Pearls to Swine album.

@Jud I'm especially interested in your findings as (like me) you use a microRendu 1.4, and apparently haven't felt the crushing need to replace it with Ultra or Optical yet.  I've been thinking about upgrading my microRendu 1.4 to one of the costlier Rendu variants but am somewhat dubious about the difference it would make.  Sounds from your experience that putting in ER would be a more significant improvement. Would you agree?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
17 hours ago, Pro Jules said:

quick a/b testing is the only true way to evaluate equipment. 

For me quick a/b testing is the worst way to assess audio equipment.  I can't listen to music properly in that state of mind. and for short a period.  When I relax, listen and absorb my favorite pieces of music in a normal way, it becomes clear to me if the equipment or settings are working well, or not. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

13 hours ago, Superdad said:

I usually avoid such debates—and they really have no place in this thread—but what you describe is about how I personally make comparisons. Though I do give time for run-in of new pieces and I try to listen to a variety of music (mostly real acoustic instruments and voices recorded in real spaces—even though my tastes run broader). 

Isn't this thread supposed to be "listening impressions"?