Sign in to follow this  
The Computer Audiophile

Article: Focal Powered By Naim Store Opens In AZ

Rate this topic

No time for hiking Camelback?  Kind of reminds me of B&O stores.

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

Hmm, and my wife thinks we're going to spend our trip to Arizona at Ikea. 😜

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> eero Pro router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I was at the event last night and I'd be really interested to hear your opinion of the sound in the big room with the huge focal speakers. For me they were quite harsh and edgy and not at all pleasant listen to but if you felt that they sounded good then it must be my ears and I will realize that. (I felt the same way about the smaller system playing Eric Clapton).

Thanks very much for your thoughts. 

Frank

14 hours ago, Franko said:

I was at the event last night and I'd be really interested to hear your opinion of the sound in the big room with the huge focal speakers. For me they were quite harsh and edgy and not at all pleasant listen to but if you felt that they sounded good then it must be my ears and I will realize that. (I felt the same way about the smaller system playing Eric Clapton).

Thanks very much for your thoughts. 

Frank

Hi Frank - The big room needs some serious work to get the sound right. It's my understanding it was all put together that afternoon. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Not sure how representative the video sound is of the actual in-person sound, but that is not my cup of tea.  Kind of brittle.  Have never heard these two brands, so perhaps worth a drive once they dial in the sound.  However, my experience with high-end stores has not been positive.   I've been shocked when they demo speakers that aren't broken in or are poorly set up (for example, speakers I own and that sound terrific at home), sometimes with equipment that isn't well-suited for the speaker (but, being brands they sell, they use).  

Thanks for the overview and videos.  Cool concept for that part of their store.  

Roon / Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3