IGNORED

Article: Focal Powered By Naim Store Opens In AZ

No time for hiking Camelback?  Kind of reminds me of B&O stores.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Hmm, and my wife thinks we're going to spend our trip to Arizona at Ikea. 😜

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I was at the event last night and I'd be really interested to hear your opinion of the sound in the big room with the huge focal speakers. For me they were quite harsh and edgy and not at all pleasant listen to but if you felt that they sounded good then it must be my ears and I will realize that. (I felt the same way about the smaller system playing Eric Clapton).

Thanks very much for your thoughts. 

Frank

14 hours ago, Franko said:

I was at the event last night and I'd be really interested to hear your opinion of the sound in the big room with the huge focal speakers. For me they were quite harsh and edgy and not at all pleasant listen to but if you felt that they sounded good then it must be my ears and I will realize that. (I felt the same way about the smaller system playing Eric Clapton).

Thanks very much for your thoughts. 

Frank

Hi Frank - The big room needs some serious work to get the sound right. It's my understanding it was all put together that afternoon. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Not sure how representative the video sound is of the actual in-person sound, but that is not my cup of tea.  Kind of brittle.  Have never heard these two brands, so perhaps worth a drive once they dial in the sound.  However, my experience with high-end stores has not been positive.   I've been shocked when they demo speakers that aren't broken in or are poorly set up (for example, speakers I own and that sound terrific at home), sometimes with equipment that isn't well-suited for the speaker (but, being brands they sell, they use).  

Thanks for the overview and videos.  Cool concept for that part of their store.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be in Phoenix this weekend through next week.  This store among a few others are on my list to visit. Are the Grande Utopia EM speakers considered carry ons?😉

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet